MBBS in Georgia
Georgia has become popular among students who are pursuing MBBS especially after 2011. The medical universities of Georgia are some of the best options for any student who wants to study MBBS abroad. The admission process for studying in a medical college in Georgia is very easy compared to the usual admission processes. Students are not required to go through any sort of entrance test for the admission, as it is done on the basis of the marks obtained in class 12th. Students can attain scholarships on the basis of their marks in 12th. After graduating from a medical college in Georgia, one can apply for a screening test to get the license to practice. The medical universities and colleges in Georgia provide rich quality education with a very feasible tuition fees as compared to other foreign countries. The medical universities of Georgia have got a worldwide recognition and offer high standard infrastructure and education. The medical universities of Georgia are recognized by MCI and WHO. The students completing their MBBS course from Georgia are eligible to work in any part of the world.
Georgia is a country located at the Caucasus region of Eastern Europe and West Asia. The country shares its borders with Russia, Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi. Tbilisi is well-known for its architecture and cobblestoned streets. Majority area of the country is covered with mountains. The eastern part of Georgia experiences hot summers and cold winters while the climate in the western part of the country is influenced by elevation of the land.
East European University
Eastern European University gives you the opportunity to gain knowledge that you will actually apply. Your success will be guaranteed by the EEU:
- Modern European undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs offered in the faculties of Business and Engineering, Law and Social Sciences, and Health Sciences.
- Highly qualified professorship
- Modern campus: latest information and communication technologies, smart or interactive whiteboards, sports and recreation areas, modernized library, research laboratories and centers
- Agile Management System: Agile Transformation in EEU and Introduction of Modern Operating System
- Internationalization Support Services: Exchange Programs with Leading Universities in Europe and the US, Summer and Winter Schools, Dual Degree with Fresenius University (Germany) , ERASMUS + Scholarship
- Social support projects and access services: "EEU LOYAL BOX", "EEU - Abituri", financial support for socially vulnerable groups, charitable events, psychological support services, individual curriculum development
- Financial support services: 600 GEL scholarship and university study grant for entrants every semester, full funding of student sports-cultural and research projects, individual tuition payment system;
- University-funded non-formal education services for professional growth and practical skills : trainings, certification / preparatory courses, public lectures, international conferences and workshops; Study visits
- Medical service: Free medical insurance in "Madison" clinics
- Modern e-learning and communication services: Microsoft Teams licensed software, EEU-EL, ELMA, student mobile applications, SMS panel, interactive whiteboards, etc.
- Career Support Services: Student Employment and Internships in Over 100 Partner University Organizations, Internships at International Partner Universities (Geneva, UK), World Education Service (WES) - Recognition of education qualifications for employment in various US and Canadian institutions; Employment forums, internships, paid university internships, special training courses to promote career growth
- Student sports, cultural and educational clubs / student organizations; Student ombudsman's office
- A cozy, friendly environment, the best infrastructure, various events, conferences, interesting university and student projects await you at EEU.
Georgian American University (GAU)
Georgian-American University (GAU) since 2005 serves to establish international standards of education, to develop competitive professionals and successful individuals.
GAU brings together up to 2,000 students and up to 250 lecturers from 5 different faculties:
- Business School (Georgian: 1200101, English: 1200102)
- School of Law, Social Sciences and Diplomacy (Law: 1200201, Diplomacy: 1200202)
- School of Informatics and Engineering (Informatics: 1200301, Engineering: 1200302)
- School of Humanities and School of Liberal Education (English Philology: 1200401, Georgian Philology: 1200402, History: 1200403)
- School of Medicine (1200110)
GAU is distinguished by innovations, including the Quantitative Finance (QUANTS) program and a powerful component of business analytics in marketing, finance and management, the first law clinic in Georgia, state-of-the-art IT laboratory - Geolab , teaching professional English to all faculties, various startup programs.
GAU location, modern infrastructure, landscaped yard and parking lot create a comfortable environment for university life. GAU is constantly improving its logistics and equipment, such as GAU Computer Labs.
Akaki Tsereteli State University
The history of Akaki Tsereteli State University began eight decades ago and, now, it is a higher education institution with excellent traditions in Georgia, which has taken a worthy place in the cultural-intellectual and moral upbringing of the Georgian nation. As a result of staff training, high level of scientific potential and extensive connections established with scientific institutes in advanced countries, the University has gained universal recognition.
Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University was, in fact, established within the Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. In July 1930, the government abolished Tbilisi State University and established four independent higher education institutions on its basis. One of them was the State Pedagogical Institute, which operated in Tbilisi from that time until 1933. The institute mentioned in 1933 continued to function in Kutaisi from February 13 of the same year. In 1933-1990 the school existed with the status of Alexander Tsulukidze State Pedagogical Institute.
In 1990, the higher education institution was transformed into Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University, which was a logical crowning of the great work that the institute has been successfully doing for almost six decades of its existence.
According to the Resolution №39 of the Government of Georgia of February 23, 2006, the legal entities of public law - Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University and Kutaisi N. Reorganization of Muskhelishvili State Technical University through their unification. The educational institution was defined as a university and was renamed Akaki Tsereteli State University.
Kutaisi N. The Muskhelishvili Polytechnic Institute was granted official status on September 23, 1973 and was inaugurated on September 1, 1974. The school was named after Academician Niko Muskhelishvili in 1977. On September 21, 1992, Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili Polytechnic Institute was granted the status of a university and it was renamed Kutaisi Niko Muskhelishvili State Technical University.
16 353 of the Government of Georgia of November 16, 2010, Sokhumi State University, a legal entity under public law, joined Akaki Tsereteli State University.
In 1952, an agricultural institute was opened in Kutaisi in its historical, geographical and economic center due to the subtropical agricultural services of western Georgia. In 1959 it was moved to Sukhumi (Abkhazia) - a typical subtropical zone - and renamed the Georgian Institute of Subtropical Agriculture.
Due to the events in Abkhazia in the 90s of the twentieth century, the institute found itself in Kutaisi again with refugee status. Prof. F. Under Pruidze's leadership, the educational process was restored at the institute, in which, together with the city leadership, the Akaki Tsereteli State University and the city's production facilities make a great contribution.
Why MBBS Study in Georgia?
- MBBS admission to a medical college in Georgia is hassle-free as there is no entrance examination.
- The MBBS colleges and universities in Georgia are accredited internationally by the acclaimed medical councils like WHO, MCI, FAIMER and UNESCO.
- The medical colleges and universities in Georgia do not accept donation.
- The tuition fee remains within the budget. One can easily attain a scholarship based on the merit score.
- Georgia provides high quality education along with good accommodation and facilities. The course duration in Georgia is 5 +1 year of internship for which one can get 4000 USD to 5500 USD per annum. A medical degree from Georgia prepares one for appearing the United States licensing exam. One can also practice in India after doing MBBS in Georgia.
- The classes are in the ratio 20:1 which very healthy ratio for a scholastic development of the student. The medium of instruction in medical colleges in Georgia is English, unlike the other countries abroad who insist on learning the mother tongue of the country.
- Also the weather conditions in Georgia are highly adaptable to Indians students in comparison to other countries with harsh climatic conditions. The students get discounts on travel within Georgia.
- The students acquire a lot of exposure and also get to participate in international conferences and seminars which are assets to the education provided.
- Georgia is safe and provides a healthy atmosphere enriching the education of the students.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students 2022 - 2023
The benefits of doing MBBS in Georgia are as follows:
- MBBS from medical colleges and universities in Georgia are accredited by international bodies like WHO, MCI, FAIMER and UNESCO.
- Students pursuing their MBBS in Georgia get internships at some of the top multinational companies within the country itself.
- No entrance test is required for admission which makes the admission process very easier.
- The tuition fee is at an affordable rate in Georgia. There is no donation to be given to the MBBS colleges in Georgia. Also, the student can enroll for a scholarship based on his/her merit score.
- The medium of instruction is English in al the MBBS colleges.
- There are hostels providing Indian food for Indian students. The quality of the accommodation provided and its facilities are exemplary.
- The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure, laboratories, and technology.
- The career opportunities are tremendous for MBBS graduate from Georgia.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Georgia
- “AIETI” Medical School
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- East Europeon University, Georgia
- European University
- Euroregioinal Teaching University LLC, Georgia
- Georgian American University, Georgia
- Georgian National University, Georgia
- High Medical School “Ayeti”
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Kutaisi Medical Institute “Kutaisi”
- LLC Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia
- LTD Caucasus University, Tibilisi, Georgia
- New Vision University, Georgia
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi Medical University “Hippocrates”
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia
- Tbilisi Public University “Metekhi”
- Grigol Robakidze University,Tbilisi
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Teaching University Geomedi, Georgia
- University of Georgia
- BAU International University, Batumi
Requirements for MBBS Admission in Georgia 2022 - 2023
The necessary documents for attaining admission in Georgia are the following:
- A birth certificate as an age proof s mandatory.
- 10th and 12th class mark sheets.
- Passport size photo.
- Valid passport with 18 months of validity.
- Student VISA is mandatory.
- A no objection certificate.
- Report of HIV test.
- Banks statements are required for the submission.
- Posses the MBBS fees of Georgia 2022 - 2023.
- Medical certificates for fitness proofs.
- Invitation letter from concerned university.
- Approved documents from the Ministry External Affairs.
- Criminal verification certificate.
- Health insurance certificate.
- Travel insurance certificate.
MBBS in Georgia Advice for Indian Students
The following are the advice's for the Indian students in Georgia:
- Students must have a glimpse of the syllabus pattern of MBBS in Georgia as it is a slightly different from the syllabus followed by other countries.
- Students should be well-informed about the university or college that s/he has applied for an admission.
- One should always be cautious of his/her surroundings.
- Avoid company of dangerous people.
- Do not stay outside late in the night.
- Do not travel to places not sure of.
Pro & Cons of Studying MBBS in Georgia
Some of the challenges faced are the cold climatic condition of Georgia and the homesickness faced by the Indian students. The medical universities in Georgia are top notch. But, the private MBBS colleges in Georgia do not provide premium education yet the fee is easily affordable. Language barrier and the new culture can also be a significant challenge.
The pros are the low cost of education along with scholarship provided by the Georgian government, good accommodation and canteen facilities. The Georgian medical universities are accredited by the medical councils all over the world. It is also easy to apply and enroll. And the job opportunities are massive for a medical student graduated from a Georgian medical college.
Visa procedure for MBBS in Georgia
The candidates have to fill-in the online application form correctly provided in the websites of the respective MBBS colleges and universities. Then you need to submit all the required documents. The candidates will then get the invitation letter from the respective university. It is at this step that the candidate has to pay the admission fee. Then the student can apply for the visa. And once the visa is in hand one can book the tickets to Georgia!
MCI Coaching in Georgia!
MCI Screening Test is a licensing exam which is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE) that enables the candidates to practice in India after completing v. The students that wish to study PG medical courses in India need to qualify National Exit Test (NEXT) exam and also offer license to practice their medical career in India.
USMLE (United State Medical Licensing Examination) Coaching in Georgia
USMLE is the 3-step medical licensing exam that enables the MBBS graduates to pursue medicine abroad. The exam is conducted by the NBME (National Board of Medical Examiners) & the FSMB (Federation of State Medical Board) in following three steps:
- USMLE is the computer-based exam with the time of 8 hours. The students need to attempt having 280 multiple-choice questions. The exam pattern includes basic principle of science, anatomy, pathology, microbiology, physiology, pharmacology, immunology.
- It evaluates knowledge of medicine and understanding of clinical science and clinical skills which provides provision for patient-care operation.
- USMLE is the computer-based examination with 500 multiple choice questions which evaluates the ability of the MBBS students to assess physical exam information, selection of initial therapies, order diagnostic tests and management of patients.
PG Options after MBBS in Georgia
The MBBS graduates from Georgian Universities can have the following PG options:
- The students can practice in USA after qualifying of USMLE
- They can practice in UK after qualifying PLAB
- They can practice in India after qualifying the MCI screening test
- They can practice in other countries too.
Vacations during MBBS in Georgia
- The students can get winter vacations in January for 15 days.
- They can also get summer vacations in July and August for two months.
Career Options after Completing MBBS in Georgia
There are various career options after completing MBBS in Georgia such as:
- The students can pursue PG course in any country such as Germany.
- They can opt for hospital management course.
- They can set up their own clinic in India but after qualifying MCI screening test.
Students face huge problems due to the Fraud Agents
The students do not have to pay MBBS 6-year fees together in any government medical university in Georgia. If any agent asks for the whole 6-year fees, it’s their own scheme. If the students pay whole fees and got MBBS Admission in Georgia where they taught MBBS in Georgia then they cannot change the university.
As there is no requirement to pay any donation fee or capitation fee for taking MBBS Admission in Georgia, so the students must aware of not paying any donation fees to any agent.
It is recommended to students to qualify MCI screening test coaching (online) in India only before going Georgia for pursuing MBBS. They do not have to trust any false promises of any agent. Because the MCI screening test coaching is not provided in most of the Georgia medical universities.
Therefore, the student should consult New-Lyf for any information regarding MBBS Admission in Georgia. We provide transparent information to the students so that they fulfill their wish to pursue MBBS in Georgia in the English-taught universities with reasonable and accurate fees.
How reserve your MBBS Seat in Georgia for 2022 - 2023 Admission
Taking admission to the best Georgia medical universities is very simple and students need to follow the below steps:
- The students are required to fill the online application form along with the required documents.
- Once the university receives your application form, it issues an offer letter.
- The students then need to deposit the University fees.
- They receive an accreditation letter from the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia after 30 days when a ministry order is received by the university and it issues an invitation letter to the students.
Service & Consultancy Charges of New-Lyf
New-Lyf is one of the best overseas education consultants in India. We have already placed hundreds of Indian students in Georgia for pursuing MBBS course in the top medical universities that taught MBBS course in English language.
We provide proper guidance to the students regarding the top universities, it’s fees structure, and many more things so that the students can have brighter career opportunities. Our aim is to place Indian students to the MCI approved Georgia medical universities with reasonable fees and top-class facilities.
It is recommended to students not to take admission in free medical colleges in Georgia because they lack quality education and infrastructure. But we place the students only at the best medical universities/colleges in Georgia.
Services by New-Lyf for Abroad Education
Applying MBBS in Georgia from New-Lyf, the students have the following benefits:
- MCI screening test coaching online
- Accurate and transparent counseling for MBBS in many countries
- Admission in top medical universities approved by MCI
- Perfect visa application documents without any rejection
- Safe travel services provided to students going abroad to pursue MBBS
- Support for accommodation at the campus
Our Process of conducting Student Counseling
It is advisable to students to attend our counseling regarding MBBS in Georgia to clear their doubts:
- Online Counseling
We provide complete information about the MBBS abroad, selection of the best university, advantages & disadvantages of pursuing MBBS in different countries, and clear each doubt of the students so that they can study MBBS and fulfill their wish.The students can get online counseling session from the CEO of New-Lyf and can clear their doubts.
New-Lyf has a team of expert counselors that provide accurate information from MBBS to PG courses to the students. The students can interact with any of the expert counselor through phone call, SMS, Whatsapp, Email, and more and get resolved their queries regarding MBBS in abroad.
- Personal Counseling
The students do not need to travel to our head office only as they can also visit our office in Bangalore, Kochi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bihar, Lucknow & Mumbai.
MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students
Medical colleges in Georgia are a safe & perfect choice for Indian students who want to knock it out of the park and study MBBS in Europe. Georgia's universities have earned a reputation for being student-centered and providing high-quality education with a pro-cross-cultural perspective. Furthermore, MBBS in Georgia maintains a strong position on value for money with state-of-the-art services when compared to MBBS in other countries. MBBS Admission in Georgia would provide ambitious medical students with a plethora of opportunities and assist them in building a successful future.
Medical Colleges in Georgia, which are governed by the Medical Council of India (MCI), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other eminent medical bodies that keep standards at par with the best internationally, provide world-class research infrastructure for Indian students to study MBBS in Georgia. It's no surprise that the number of Indian students enrolling in MBBS programs in Georgia has increased significantly. Georgia MBBS fees for Indian students are very affordable & there is no donation to be given to the MBBS colleges in Georgia. The universities do not ask for any kind of donation.
Course Duration: MBBS in Georgia
There is a standard period followed by all in the Georgian medical education system, which applies to all universities where Indian students can study MBBS in Georgia. It is carried out across six years, including a year of internship, to pursue medical education in Georgia.
Every year comprises 2 semesters of 6 months. Georgia MBBS fees are a reasonable option (4000 USD to 5500 USD) for Indian students as there are various top universities that provide low-cost MBBS in Georgia. Georgia's universities are well-equipped with cutting-edge technology and facilities.
Medium of teaching in Georgia
- Georgia once again stands out as a good place for Indian students to study MBBS because of the universal medium they have selected. In Georgia, MBBS is taught by renowned professors for six years.
- The best medical colleges in Georgia have been approved by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization. Thus, English is used as the medium of teaching in all MBBS programs in Georgia.
- English medium allows for easy communication between international students and faculty from all over the world. This eliminates a common communication barrier for MBBS students studying overseas.
Scholarship Provided to Students for MBBS in Georgia
- The best thing about taking MBBS admission in Georgia is that there is no need for students to burden their families with educational costs and hostel fees. Every one of the outstanding students has received a scholarship from the university.
- Moreover, students who received 55 percent in their PCB twelfth-grade standard are qualified. The scholarship is awarded based on merit. The higher your grades, the larger the scholarship you will receive.
Intakes for MBBS in Georgia
- The classes for studying MBBS in Georgia usually start at the end of September.
- The process of Medical education in Georgia starts in September.
- The seats are allotted to the students based on first come first serve. So, it is essential to apply in July and August, for easy MBBS admission in Georgia without any problem.
Lifestyle in Georgia
Adapting to the culture of each country is an adventure in and of itself. As a student, you must be open-minded not only in the classroom but also out on the playground. As a heads-up, the following are some suggestions:
- Having a keen eye for factors of change concerning one's current way of life
- Students from various backgrounds who have wanted to study MBBS in European countries or other courses, such as MD in Georgia, will most likely occupy your surroundings, therefore flexibility is essential.
- Making unique and personal memories with the locals through indigenous food and language, as well as a dash of inquisitiveness, will go a long way.
In Georgian MBBS universities, General hostel and accommodation facilities
Georgian universities are concerned about the welfare of their international students. They ensure that international students have enough room and comfort to complete their academic and personal development without interruption.
- The cost of living in Georgia is kept low for students.
- Students pursuing their MBBS in Georgia have the option of staying in a hostel.
- Hostels that are clean and well-organized, as well as completely furnished and well-maintained, preserve their reputation.
- The internet is accessible at all hours and in all areas of the campus.
- Winters in Georgia are extremely cold, however, this is eased by heating facilities in classrooms and hostels.
- All of the modern-day necessities have been met.
Note: Off-campus housing options include rental flats or apartments, hotels, lodges, and homestay with a host family, etc.
Recognition of Georgia Medical Universities
The medical universities in Georgia are recognized worldwide with the below accreditation's:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of Education, Georgia
- The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
The accreditation of the MBBS in Georgia has been granted by all international bodies, including the European Council, WHO, and UNESCO. Therefore, a Georgia MBBS degree is internationally recognized. Students who earned their medical degrees in Georgia are eligible to practice in any country, but they must first clear the .
MBBS in Georgia FAQ
What are the career options for an Indian student doing an MBBS in Georgia?
Is MBBS in Georgia good?
Which is the best MBBS College in Georgia for Indian Students?
Is NEET required for MBBS in Georgia?
How many years in MBBS in Georgia?
How much does MBBS cost in Georgia?