MBBS IN PHILIPPINES
MBBS in Philippines is the best considerable destination to study a course of medicine for Indian students. It enables the students to have brighter career growth after Study MBBS in Philippines. It provides the magnificent theoretical as well as practical education which empowers the candidates to become successful practitioners.
The Philippines provides the American system of medical education and the Primary Medical qualification. The MBBS course offered to students in the Philippines is known as the MD program (Doctor of Medicine). Philippines MBBS College fees would range anywhere between 12 to 25 lacs.
About 8000 foreign students are taking MBBS Admission in Philippines every year. The MMBS course from Philippines is globally recognized including the Medical Council of India. The best part is that almost everyone speaks English in the Philippines which is an added advantage to students who want to fulfill their dream to pursue MBBS in Philippines.
|Last Date to Apply||25th September 2023|
|Eligibility||Students who have 50% marks in PCB in +2 can are eligible to apply in MBBS Universities in Philippines|
|NEET Exam||NEET Exam with Minimum passing marks|
|Course Pattern||BS + MD (Doctor of Medicine)|
|Course Duration||5.5 Years (Including Internship)|
|Minimum Course Fees||₹2.5 Lacs/Year|
|Maximum Course Fees||₹5 Lacs/Year|
|Hostel Fees||₹ 1.5 Lacs/Year|
|Hostel Facilities||Indian Foods, Wi-Fi, CCTV Surveillance, Washing Machine, Seprate Hostels for Girls & Boys|
|Currency||Philippines Peso (PHP)|
|Time Zone||UTC+8 (PST|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC (MCI), WHO, WFME, FAIMER|
|NMC (MCI) Approved Medical Colleges in Philippines||45|
|Top Medical Colleges in Philippines||10 (As per Highest MCI Passing Rate)|
|Present Indian Students||8000|
About the Philippines
The Philippines is also called the Republic of the Philippines which is located in the Western Pacific Ocean. It was a colony of the USA for around 50 years and thus this country follows the American system of education.
Almost every in this country communicates in the English language so there is no need to learn an additional language. The tropical climate in the Philippines is usually hot & humid. The temperatures generally vary from 21 °C (70 °F) to 32 °C (90 °F) with January being the coolest and May being the warmest months of the year.
Why MBBS in Philippines?
Most Indian students wish to pursue MBBS abroad but a few students can fulfill their dream into reality. The Philippines offers a golden opportunity to these students to attain their aim. The Indian students can choose the Philippines for pursuing MBBS without any further thinking because of the following reasons:
- Travel to the Philippines is much easier and even economical than traveling to other countries.
- A medical program provided by the Philippines to their students is recognized worldwide.
- English is spoken in the Philippines so there would not be any problem while interacting with others. The language of coaching is also English.
- MCI (Medical Council of India) approves medical colleges as well as universities and follows the US education system.
- The students who have passed MBBS from the Philippines can also practice in India.
- A unified problem-based learning approach offers better exposure to future medical practitioners.
- Advanced teaching techniques with outstanding facilities equipped with the well-established infrastructure
- The students can also have the option to start working on preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to study Post Graduate Degrees.
- The Philippines is extremely safe for Indian students and the environment is also safe.
- There is no donation or capitation fee required in these universities.
- Philippines MBBS College provides the best education at affordable rates.
- The cost of living is quite favorable for Indian students as there are excellent boarding and lodging provided by the university with the availability of Indian food for the students.
- It utilizes up-to-date machinery in their laboratories
- The colleges allow the students to practically diagnose the patients which enhances their confidence & provides better practical knowledge.
Top Universities for MBBS in Philippines
Some of the top universities in Philippines are as follows:
- Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- AMA School of Medicine
- Angeles University Foundation
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University
- Baguio Central University
- BICOL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- Cagayan State University Tuguegarao (Carig)
- Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
- Central Philippine University
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- De La Salie University Health Sciences Campus
- Dona Remedos Trinidad Medical Foundation
- Emilo Aguinaldo College, Manila
- Far Eastern University Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
- FEU Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
- Iloilo Doctors College of Medicine
- Lyceum Northwestern University
- Manila Central University
- Our Lady of Fatima University (Fatima Medical Science Foundation) Valenzuela
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Saint Louis University
- San Beda College
- Silliman University
- Southwestern University Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine
- Southwestern University, Urgello, Cebu City, Philippines
- St. Lukes College of Medicine William H. Quasha Memorial
- St. Paul University,Philippines
- University of Northern Philippines
- University of Perpetual Help (Dr. Jose G. Tamayo Medical University)
- University of Perpetual Help Rizal
- University of Saint La Salle
- University of Santo Tomas
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
- University of the Philippines Manila
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation
- West Visayas State University
- Xavier University
- Zamboanga Medical School Foundation
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Philippines
(As per the NMC (MCI) Passing rate & Rankings)
|University||MCI Passing Rate & Rankings|
|AMA Medical College||95% & #1|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||90% & #2|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||87% & #3|
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine||85% & #4|
|University of Perpetual Help Rizal||81% & #5|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||75% & #6|
|Emilo Aguinaldo College||74% & #7|
|Far Eastern University Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation||69% & #8|
|Lyceum Northwestern University||66% & #9|
|University of Northern Philippines||63% & #10|
MBBS Fees in Philippines for 2023 Admission
Attention aspiring medical students! If you’re planning on pursuing an MD degree in the Philippines, now’s the time to start prepping for the admission process. Admission windows typically open around March and applications must be submitted by June/July — with classes starting as soon as September/October. For more detailed info about the 2023 intakes, don't hesitate to reach out to New-Lyf Overseas experts.
|Philippines Medical University||Fees/Year||Hostel/Month|
|AMA Medical College||₹2.5 lac||₹15,000|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||₹3.5 lac||₹15,000|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||₹2.9 lac||₹15,000|
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine||₹3.2 lac||₹15,000|
|University of Perpetual Help Rizal||₹3.4 lac||₹15,000|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||₹3.6 lac||₹15,000|
|Emilo Aguinaldo College||₹2.8 lac||₹15,000|
|Far Eastern University Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation||₹3.7 lac||₹15,000|
|Lyceum Northwestern University||₹3.8 lac||₹15,000|
|University of Northern Philippines||₹3.3 lac||₹15,000|
10 Difference of Studying MBBS in India Vs Philippines
Here are 10 differences between studying MBBS in the Philippines and India for Indian students:
- Admission Process: The admission process for MBBS in the Philippines and India differs. In the Philippines, students need to apply to the universities directly or through educational consultants, whereas in India, admission is based on the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) score.
- Course Duration: MBBS in the Philippines is a 5-year course, while in India, it is a 5.5-year course that includes a compulsory 1-year internship.
- Curriculum: The MBBS curriculum in the Philippines is based on the American education system, while in India, it follows the British education system.
- Medium of Instruction: In the Philippines, English is the medium of instruction, while in India, it is mainly taught in English, but some universities also offer courses in regional languages.
- Cost of Education: The cost of studying MBBS in the Philippines is generally lower than in India, especially in private medical colleges.
- Hostel Accommodation: Many medical colleges in the Philippines offer on-campus hostel accommodation to students, while in India, it varies from college to college.
- Clinical Exposure: In the Philippines, students get more clinical exposure, as they start their clinical rotations from the first year itself, whereas in India, it usually starts from the third year.
- Recognition of Degree: MBBS degrees from both the Philippines and India are recognized globally, but Indian degrees are more widely recognized.
- Language and Culture: Studying in the Philippines gives students an opportunity to experience a different culture and interact with people from different backgrounds, while in India, they experience the diverse cultures and languages within the country.
- Internship Opportunities: In the Philippines, students can do their internship in the country or go to other countries, whereas in India, the internship is mandatory and must be completed within the country.
Requirements For MBBS Admission In Philippines 2023 - 2024
The Indian students should fulfill some essential requirements for taking MBBS Admission in the Philippines and these are as follows:
- The students should have science in their 12th standard and should have an aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- The students should be at least 17 years of age to take MBBS admission in the Philippines.
- The students should also qualify for the NEFT exam with passing marks.
- The students should have English subject in their higher secondary.
- The students must not be more than 25 years of age.
MBBS in Philippines Advice for Indian Students
Following is the important information for Indian students in the process of the study MBBS in Philippines:
- Application form: The students should apply for the degree in June.
- Letter of admission: Many students get admission letters within two weeks of application.
- Ministry and Visa approval: Usually, it takes about two months for a tourist visa to be converted into a Student Visa.
- Beginning of course: The approximate starting date of the course in Philippines Medical University in September or October
MBBS in Philippines Syllabus
BS Course Syllabus:
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|Biochemistry||Animal Physiology||Education for Sustainable||Human Genetics|
|General Psychology||General Microbiology||Systematic Biology||Taxation and Agragariam Reform|
|Parasitology||Entomology||Ecology||Histology and Micro-Technique|
|Plant Morpho-Anatomy||Developmental Biology||Research Methodology||Radiation Biology|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy||Freshwater Biology||Cell and Molecular Biology||Research in Biology Sciences|
|Calculus and Analytical||Plant Physiology||Development||Nil|
|Geometry||Fundamentals of Genetics||Comparative Religion||Nil|
MD Course Syllabus:
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|Histology||General Pathology||Radiology||Legal Medicine|
|Physiology||Clinical Pathology||Surgery- II||Paediatrics|
|History of Medicine||Surgery||Dermatology||Medicine|
|Preventive and Communicative||Paediatrics-I||Advanced Pathology||Surgery|
|Bioethics||Neuroscience II||Cardiology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Neuroscience||Pharmacology||Obstetrics and Gynecology||Nil|
Visa Procedure for MBBS in Philippines
The Philippines government provides student visas for students who complete the age of 18 years. If the student is of 17 years of age, they can get a tourist visa or a Special Study Permit (SSP) and the validation of the SSP is 6 months. Once they complete the age of 18 years, the tourist visa will be converted into a student visa. The students have the general requirements to get the student visa of the Philippines such as:
- The students must have an original passport with 6 months validity beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines.
- Original and one photocopy of mark sheets of both 10th & 12th standard.
- Leaving certificate from the previous studying college.
- A medical checkup certificate is also important
- Passport size photographs
- Birth certificate and other mandatory certificates must be submitted to the concerned authority.
- The students must clear the National Medical Admission Test.
- The students must fill the online admission form with their accurate details
- MBBS in Philippines for Indian students will get an offer letter from the university.
- A bank statement of the guardian should be submitted which should include the fee structure of the 1st year of the education.
- A code of conduct certificate must be submitted.
MCI Coaching in Philippines!
Philippines provide MCI Coaching to the MBBS students from the 1st year in the Philippines medical universities. They provide in-depth knowledge regarding the MCI exam to the students so that they can score good ranks.
National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts MCI Screening Test which is a licensing exam to practice in India after completing MBBS in Philippines. But the students that wish to pursue postgraduate medical courses in India need to qualify National Exit Test (NEXT) exam and also offer license to practice their medical career in India.
USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) Coaching in Philippines
USMLE is a screening test that enables the students to pursue their career in the USA after completing MBBS in Philippines. USMLE is the United States Medical Licensing Examination conducted for MBBS graduates that wish to start their medical careers in the USA. USMLE is classified into 3 steps as below:
- USMLE is a one-day test that includes multiple-choice questions. Most of the students prefer to give at the end of the second year of their MBBS course. It focuses on the knowledge of basic sciences such as anatomy, biochemistry, behavioral sciences, pathology, pharmacology, immunology, physiology, and microbiology.
- It is a two day test that will be given by the MBBS students in the fourth year of their MBBS course. This exam is further classified into two stages such as- CK (Clinical Knowledge) and CS (Clinical Skills).
- It is also a two-day test that students generally prefer to five once they complete the first-year residency. Day 1 Test of Step 3 is known as the Foundation of Independent Practice (FIP) which is an MCQ format test. Day 2 Test is known as Advanced Clinical Medicine (ACM) in which students need to attempt about 180 MCQ’s and 13 computer-based case simulations.
PG Options after MBBS in Philippines
There are several PG courses provided by Philippines Universities such as:
- The students can select to pursue courses in several disciplines
- They are only need to fetch documents relating to their graduation to take admission in PG courses.
Vacations during MBBS in Philippines
Philippines medical universities provide two vacations in a year to medical students such as:
- The students get summer as well as winter vacations
- Indian students can also come back in India during the vacations
- Indian students can work an internship during their vacations in India
- The students are also given National holidays
Career Options after Completing MBBS in Philippines
The students can choose from the following career options after completing the MBBS in Philippines:
- After completing MBBS in Philippines, the students can have adequate employment opportunities in Philippines as well in other countries too.
- They can enroll for the PG course or hospital management course.
- They can go for clinical research jobs or begin for clinical practice.
- They can come back to India and start working as a practitioner after qualifying for the MCI screening test.
How reserve your MBBS Seat in Philippines for 2023 - 2024 Admission
New-Lyf help the students at each step in order to reserve the MBBS Seat in the Philippines for 2022 - 2023 Admission
- The students need to fill the application form of their selected university or college.
- Submit all vital documents.
- Collect the admission letter from the university/College.
- After the confirmation of MBBS Admission in Philippines, they can start the immigration process.
- It is necessary to check, evaluate, and verify each and every document before applying for a visa.
Service & Consultancy Charges of New-Lyf
New-Lyf is one of the best overseas education consultants in India. We have already placed hundreds of Indian students in Philippines for pursuing MBBS course in the top medical universities that taught MBBS course in English language.
We provide proper guidance to the students regarding the top universities, it’s fees structure, and many more things so that the students can have brighter career opportunities. Our aim is to place Indian students to the MCI approved Philippines medical universities with reasonable fees and top-class facilities.
It is recommended to students not to take admission in free medical colleges in Philippines because they lack quality education and infrastructure. But we place the students only at the best medical universities/colleges in Philippines.
Applying MBBS in Philippines from New-Lyf, the students have the following benefits:
- MCI screening test coaching online
- Accurate and transparent counseling for MBBS in many countries
- Admission in top medical universities approved by MCI
- Perfect visa application documents without any rejection
- Safe travel services provided to students going abroad to pursue MBBS
- Support for accommodation at the campus
Our Process of conducting Student Counseling
It is advisable to students to attend our counseling regarding MBBS in Philippines to clear their doubts:
- Online Counseling
We provide complete information about the MBBS abroad, selection of the best university, advantages & disadvantages of pursuing MBBS in different countries, and clear each doubt of the students so that they can study MBBS and fulfill their wish.The students can get online counseling session from the CEO of New-Lyf and can clear their doubts.
New-Lyf has a team of expert counselors that provide accurate information from MBBS to PG courses to the students. The students can interact with any of the expert counselor through phone call, SMS, Whatsapp, Email, and more and get resolved their queries regarding MBBS in abroad.
- Personal Counseling
The students do not need to travel to our head office only as they can also visit our office in Bangalore, Kochi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bihar, Lucknow & Mumbai.
MBBS IN PHILIPPINES FAQ
What are the career options for an Indian student doing an MBBS in Philippines?
Is NEET required for MBBS in Philippines?
What is the passing score for NMAT Philippines?
Why is NMAT required in Philippines?
Is MBBS in Philippines good?
How much is the cost for MBBS in Philippines?
How many years in MBBS in Philippines?
Which is the best MBBS College in Philippines for Indian Students?