MEDICAL PG IN GERMANY 2023 -24
Germany provides a great opportunity to students for pursuing a PG course. It is one of the best places to study PG in Germany after MBBS because no tuition fees are charged for postgraduate studies and medical PG education in Germany University is the most prestigious among the world’s education system. The total duration of pursuing medical PG in Germany is three to four years as depend upon the specialization.
Germany PG University has well equipped medical facilities that help the students to enhance their professional skills. It provides the magnificent theoretical as well as practical education which empowers the candidates to become successful practitioners. The admission procedure in Germany medical universities is quite easy and simple. Medical PG in Germany is conducting in German & English, so it is essential for the students to learn German language.
Germany, officially known as the Federal Republic of Germany, is a self-governing parliamentary republic located in the heart of Western Europe. With 16 constituent states, it spans an area of 357,021 square kilometers. Boasting a population of over 82 million residents, Germany is the most populous nation in the European Union. It ranks as the second most favored immigration destination worldwide, following the United States.
The capital city of Germany is Berlin, which is also the largest metropolitan area in the country. Other prominent cities include Munich, Cologne, Hamburg, Stuttgart, and Frankfurt, among others. Germany experiences a temperate climate influenced by humid winds. It lies between the environments of continental Eastern Europe and oceanic Western Europe. The country benefits from a moderated climate due to the North Atlantic Drift and the northern extension of the Gulf Stream. The North Sea region is particularly impacted by the warm water, contributing to Germany's climate.
Studying in Germany offers a worthwhile experience for both Indian and international students. The country provides world-class education, state-of-the-art infrastructure, sophisticated libraries, and modern classrooms. The classrooms are equipped with audio and video aids, internet facilities, and advanced computer rooms. German colleges regularly organize cultural and international conferences to foster an inclusive environment for international students. Seminars on Master's programs are also offered to educate and motivate students.
Germany's living standards are more than satisfactory, thanks to its enormous economic growth. It is a secular country, with Christianity being the predominant religion. Approximately 34% of the population does not identify with any specific religion. The official languages spoken are German and English, facilitating communication for international students.
Germany is considered one of the safest places for Indian and international students. The cost of living is relatively cheap and affordable compared to other destinations. The German people are known for their warm and courteous demeanor, creating a welcoming atmosphere for individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Agriculture and tourism are vital sectors of Germany's economy. The country's rich landscapes, historical sites, and cultural attractions attract tourists from around the world. Germany's commitment to innovation and excellence extends to its educational institutions, making it a sought-after destination for students seeking a high-quality education and a memorable experience.
Explore the diverse and vibrant country of Germany, where academic opportunities, safety, and a rich cultural heritage converge.
Courses provided by Germany PG Universities
|Gynaecology and Obstetrics||Dermatology||Physiotherapy|
|Child Health||Clinical Research||Operation Theatre Technology|
|Rural Health Care||Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||OT Technician|
|Community Health Care||Medical Record Technology||Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion|
|Orthopedics||Medical Imaging Technology||Anesthesiology|
|Ophthalmology||Medical Lab Technology||Child Health|
|Optometry||Hearing Language and Speech||Medical Radio-Diagnosis|
Essential information about PG Course in Germany
- The can apply for Medical PG in Germany after MBBS in the month of October
- The classes for PG courses in Germany are in winter as well as summer season
- It is advisable that the Indian Students must apply in the Germany Medical College within the specified time.
- The students must have a very good command in German language.
Eligibility Criteria for medical PG in Germany
But they need to fulfill some requirements such as:
- It is necessary that the students clear MCI screening test for taking admission to the PG in Germany after MBBS in India.
- The students should have English subject in their higher secondary.
- The students must have excellent command in German as well.
- The students should have aggregate 50% marks in their university/college degree.
Documents Required for Medical PG in Germany
Planning to pursue postgraduate medical studies in Germany? Here's a comprehensive list of documents you'll need to prepare for the admission process:
- Scanned Copies of 10th and 12th Mark Sheets: Provide scanned copies of your 10th and 12th standard mark sheets to demonstrate your academic background.
- Birth Certificate: Include a copy of your birth certificate to verify your date of birth.
- Valid Passport: Ensure you have a valid passport with an expiration date well beyond your planned duration of study.
- Migration Certificate: If applicable, provide a migration certificate that confirms your transition from one educational board to another.
- Guardian's Bank Statement: Submit your guardian's bank statement as proof of financial stability, indicating that you can afford the course fees and living expenses in Germany.
- Medical Certificate: Obtain a comprehensive medical certificate containing reports on HIV and vaccination. This ensures that you meet the health requirements necessary for studying in Germany.
- Passport-sized Photos: Attach a few recent passport-sized photos with your application.
- Completed Application Form: Fill out the application form accurately and ensure all required sections are completed.
- Offer Letter from the German PG University: Include the offer letter you received from the German university offering you a place in their postgraduate program.
- MBBS Course Degree Certificate: Provide a copy of your MBBS degree certificate as proof of your previous educational qualification.
- Translated and Notarized Passport Copy: Get a translated and notarized copy of your passport in the German language.
- Translated and Notarized Study Certificate: Similarly, have your study certificate translated and notarized in the German language.
- Payment to National Center Account: Make the necessary payment to the National Center Account as instructed by the university.
- Video Interview: Prepare for a video interview, as some universities may require it as part of the admission process.
- Air Tickets: While not always mandatory during admission, having air tickets or proof of travel arrangements can be helpful to demonstrate your preparedness for relocation.
It is crucial to ensure that all the documents you submit are 100% original and meet the specific requirements set by the university. Any discrepancies or issues with the documents may lead to problems with your admission. Be thorough in your preparation, double-check the requirements, and submit the required documents within the stipulated timeframe to maximize your chances of securing admission to a postgraduate PG program in Germany.
How to Pursue Medical Specialization in Germany
If you aspire to specialize in medicine in Germany, you'll find that the path to becoming a specialist differs from that in most other countries. In Germany, medical specialization is not typically offered through specific MD, MS, or MDS programs. Instead, it involves a unique blend of continuous education and practical experience, allowing you to earn a salary of up to 4000 euros while undergoing specialized training.
Qualified physicians with a valid full license to practice medicine in Germany can apply for positions as Junior Physicians at institutions authorized for medical training in their chosen area of specialization. This specialized training is conducted under the guidance of a clinical tutor who holds authorization from the State Chamber of Physicians. Training typically occurs at university hospitals, clinics, approved medical institutions, or outpatient practices led by authorized supervising physicians. The duration of medical specialization training in Germany usually spans 5 to 6 years, depending on the specialty's training regulations.
Junior physicians can apply to the State Chamber of Physicians for assessment once they meet the criteria outlined in the specialty training regulations and guidelines. This assessment takes the form of an oral examination conducted by a committee comprising three physicians. Among the committee members, two are qualified specialists in the relevant area of examination. They evaluate whether the training has been successfully completed. Upon passing this examination, the physician is awarded a specialist diploma, officially recognizing them as a medical specialist in Germany and granting membership in the State Chamber of Physicians.
Conducting the Video Interview for Medical PG Students
During the video interview for your application to study Medical PG in Germany, you will be asked a series of questions. Here are the key points to keep in mind while preparing and recording your video:
- Introduction: Begin by stating your full name, including your passport number for identification purposes.
- Personal Introduction: Introduce yourself, sharing details about your background, including your place of origin, family background, and previous educational qualifications.
- Motivation to Study in Germany: Explain why you have chosen to pursue your studies in Germany, highlighting the specific reasons that have attracted you to the country.
- Source of Information: Mention where you obtained information about the university and its programs. This could include websites, university fairs, consultations, or any other reliable sources.
- University Choice: Elaborate on why you have specifically selected the university you are applying to. Discuss factors such as the institution's reputation, program offerings, faculty expertise, or any other relevant aspects that influenced your decision.
- Area of Interest: Express your interest in a particular sphere of studies and provide reasons for your choice. Explain why this field appeals to you and how it aligns with your career aspirations.
- Familiarity with Program Description and Syllabus: Confirm that you have acquainted yourself with the program description and syllabus available on the university's website. This demonstrates your preparedness and genuine interest in the program.
- Verbal Confirmation: Clearly state your request to register as an applicant for the program you are applying to.
- Technical Requirements: Ensure that you record the video horizontally and that your face is clearly visible throughout the recording. The video should be a minimum of 5 minutes in duration.
- No Reading from Papers: Avoid reading directly from any papers or documents during the interview. Instead, aim for a conversational tone, expressing your thoughts naturally.
- High-Quality Video and Audio: It is essential to provide a high-quality video with clear audio. Ensure that the file size is at least +200MB to maintain clarity during the interview.
Following these guidelines will help you prepare a well-structured and engaging video interview that effectively communicates your qualifications, motivations, and genuine interest in studying at the chosen university in Germany.
Admission Process for Medical PG in Germany
The admission process for pursuing a PG course, particularly in the field of medicine, in Germany involves several essential steps. Here's a breakdown of the process:
- Language Proficiency: Firstly, it is crucial to have a strong command of the German language. As medicine involves personal interaction with patients, it is essential to be able to communicate effectively. Since PG courses primarily focus on practical aspects, learning the native language is necessary for patient communication. Before applying for the course, you must achieve at least an A1 or A2 level proficiency in German basics.
- Language Certification: Obtain a submission letter for TELC B2 and TELC C1 from a recognized language learning center. These certifications demonstrate your language proficiency and are widely accepted by universities. Alternatively, you can opt for a government-approved language test.
- Approbation Exam: After attaining the required language certifications, you can apply for the Approbation exam. This exam assesses your medical knowledge and skills. It is a mandatory requirement for practicing medicine in Germany.
- Document Verification: During the admission process, all your documents will be thoroughly verified. It is crucial to ensure that all documents are accurate and error-free. Any discrepancies or mistakes may lead to cancellation of your application.
- Viva Exams: In addition to the written exam, some universities may also conduct viva exams as part of the admission process. These exams aim to assess your subject knowledge and aptitude for the program.
It is important to note that the admission process for PG courses in medicine may vary slightly between universities. Therefore, it is advisable to research the specific requirements of your chosen university and follow their guidelines accordingly. By diligently preparing for the language requirements, securing the necessary certifications, and ensuring the accuracy of your documents, you can increase your chances of a successful admission to a Medical PG course in Germany.
Why medical PG in Germany?
Most of the students wish to take admission in Germany PG university because of the following reasons:
- The medical education system in German is considered one of the finest in the world.
- Each Germany medical college are mostly acknowledged and recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Germany is one of the leading countries that specialize in highly advanced medical care.
- The hospitals associated with the Germany medical college provide the best quality health care and utilize the latest medical technologies and instruments.
- Germany medical college integrates theoretical and practical learning in such a way that students are taught in the most effective way possible.
- The medium of instruction in Germany Medical Universities is English and Germany.
- After completion of medical PG in Germany, the students can practice and settle in Germany as they will be eligible for the Permanent Residence in Germany.
- Germany offers a great opportunity for students to study PG in Germany after MBBS in India at no tuition fee.
- The medical PG in Germany provided in the Germany medical universities provides the students a robust training and practical knowledge.
- The rigorous training provided in Germany medical universities will equip the students with high-quality experience and knowledge.
Germany's PG Education System
The PG education system in Germany offers several unique features that make it an appealing choice for medical students. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Free MBBS Education: Germany is known for its medical universities that provide the entire MBBS course free of charge. This financial benefit makes it an attractive destination for aspiring medical professionals.
- Roadmap under German Medical Council: The roadmap to PG education in Germany falls under the purview of the German Medical Council (Bundesärztekammer). This governing body sets the guidelines and requirements for medical specialization.
- Role of German Medical Universities: In the PG education system, German medical universities do not play a direct role. Instead, the focus is on the regulations and standards set by the German Medical Council. These guidelines ensure consistency and quality throughout the medical specialization process.
- Smooth and Straightforward Roadmap: The pathway from MBBS to PG medicine in Germany is generally considered smooth and straightforward. The guidelines set by the German Medical Council provide clear direction, allowing students to progress through their specialization with clarity.
- Challenges for Direct MD Admission: Students who aim to pursue MD directly after completing MBBS in India may encounter some challenges. These challenges typically include language learning and understanding the intricacies of the German medical education system.
- Language Learning: Proficiency in the German language is crucial for successful completion of PG education in Germany. Language learning can pose a challenge for international students, as a strong command of German is necessary for effective communication with patients and colleagues.
- System Clarity: Understanding the German medical education system and its specific requirements may initially present challenges for international students. Familiarizing oneself with the regulations, accreditation processes, and necessary qualifications is important for a smooth transition into the PG program.
While pursuing Medical PG education in Germany offers numerous advantages, it is important to acknowledge and address the challenges that may arise, especially for students aiming for direct MD admission. Overcoming these challenges, such as language learning and gaining clarity on the system, will require dedication, adaptability, and a proactive approach to ensure a successful transition into the German medical education system.
Scholarships for Medical PG Studies in Germany
If you are considering pursuing your Medical PG studies in Germany, it is important to explore the scholarship opportunities available. Here are some key points to consider regarding scholarships for studying PG in Germany:
- Online Scholarship Tests: Consultancy firms often organize online scholarship tests annually. These tests provide an opportunity for students to compete for scholarships, including heavy discounts or even 100% coverage of NEXT coaching.
- Scholarships from PG Universities: Many PG universities in Germany offer scholarships specifically for Indian students. These scholarships aim to make PG education more accessible and affordable for international students.
- Affordable Education: PG education in Germany is known for being relatively affordable compared to other countries. The availability of scholarships further reduces the financial burden, making it an attractive option for students seeking cost-effective education.
- Savings on Tuition Fees and Expenses: Scholarship programs provide significant financial relief by covering a portion or even the entire tuition fees. Additionally, scholarships can help students save money on various other expenses related to accommodation, books, and living costs.
- Government and Private Scholarships: Both the German government and privately-owned PG universities offer scholarship programs. These scholarships may have specific eligibility criteria, such as academic merit, financial need, or exceptional achievements.
- Consultancy Firms and PG Universities: To gather more information about available scholarships, it is advisable to get in touch with consultancy firms or directly contact the PG universities in Germany. They can provide details about scholarship programs, application procedures, and eligibility requirements.
Scholarships play a vital role in supporting students' educational journey, making Medical PG education in Germany more accessible and affordable. By participating in online scholarship tests, exploring scholarships offered by PG universities, and seeking guidance from consultancy firms or the universities themselves, you can maximize your chances of securing financial assistance for your PG studies in Germany.
Educational Loans for Indian Students Pursuing Medical PG Studies in Germany
Obtaining an educational loan is an essential consideration for Indian students planning to pursue PG courses abroad, including in Germany. Here are some key points to keep in mind regarding educational loans:
- University and Bank Support: When it comes to educational loans, you can seek assistance from both the university you have been admitted to and your bank. The university's financial aid office can provide guidance on loan options, eligibility criteria, and any specific requirements. Similarly, your bank can offer information about educational loan programs tailored for students studying abroad.
- Consultancy Firm Support: Consultancy firms specializing in study abroad programs can also provide valuable assistance and guidance regarding educational loans. They can help you understand the loan application process, required documents, and eligibility criteria. Their expertise and experience can prove helpful in navigating the loan procedures.
It is important to remember that the process and requirements for obtaining an educational loan may vary among universities, banks, and consultancy firms. Therefore, it is advisable to reach out to the specific institution or organization involved to gather accurate and up-to-date information regarding educational loans for PG studies in Germany.
By exploring educational loan options, leveraging the support provided by the university, bank, and consultancy firms, you can secure the necessary financial assistance to pursue your Medical PG studies in Germany with peace of mind.
Benefits of pursuing PG in Germany after MBBS for Indian Students
- Germany is well-known to have a world-class healthcare system that enables the students to have the opportunity of training in modern infrastructure with advanced equipment.
- Medical PG in Germany is available at no tuition fee which means the cost of education is next to zero.
- PG in Germany after MBBS includes on-the-job training in which the hospital sanctions an approval for the students to conduct medical operations.
- Germany medical universities also offer students with a monthly stipend that can be up to 4500 Euros per month.
- After the completion of training of medical PG in Germany, the students will be awarded the title of a Facharzt (specialist or a consultant).
- The cost of living is very affordable during PG course in Germany. They can also practice in Germany as well
- PG universities in Germany provide hostel facilities with Indian food
- The students can roam around the city and discover new places
Pros and Cons of Studying PG in Germany after MBBS
The degree that students obtain from Germany medical university is globally renowned and holds great worth. The Indian students that take admission in best colleges/universities in Germany are recognized by the MCI. The students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing medical PG in Germany.
The climate conditions in Germany is cold most of the time most of the time that might be hard for students to adapt. The local language in Germany is German so the students might feel the language as a barrier outside the university campus. But the coaching in Germany Medical College is conducted in English as well as in German.
Career Opportunities after Medical PG in Germany
Completing your Medical PG in Germany opens up a wide range of promising career opportunities. Here are some key career scopes to consider:
- Specialist Doctor: After completing your Medical PG in Germany, you can become a specialist doctor in your chosen field. Germany's rigorous and comprehensive medical education system equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in your area of expertise.
- Multinational Hospitals: With a PG degree from Germany, you have the opportunity to work in renowned multinational hospitals worldwide. The international recognition of your German PG qualification enhances your chances of securing positions in prestigious healthcare institutions across the globe.
- Establishing Your Clinic: Another career option is to open your own clinic and practice medicine independently. This entrepreneurial path allows you to build your own patient base, offer specialized services, and shape your practice according to your professional goals.
- Return to India: After completing your PG studies in Germany, you can return to India to practice medicine and establish a career here. The knowledge and experience gained from studying in Germany will provide you with a competitive edge in the Indian healthcare sector.
- Career in Germany: Alternatively, you may choose to build your career in Germany itself. The country offers numerous opportunities for medical professionals, including research positions, hospital jobs, and teaching roles. Germany's well-regarded healthcare system and emphasis on continuous professional development create a conducive environment for career growth.
The career scopes after Medical PG in Germany are vast and diverse, giving you the flexibility to pursue various paths based on your interests, aspirations, and geographical preferences. Whether you choose to specialize in a specific field, work internationally, establish your clinic, or contribute to the healthcare landscape in Germany or India, your PG degree from Germany will serve as a strong foundation for a successful and fulfilling medical career.
Medical PG in Germany
Basic medical training in Germany leads to graduation with a Medical License. This medical training lasts six years and is done at medical universities. The final year of studies includes 48 weeks of continuous practical training (Practical Year). The first stage of medical continuing training begins with the process of qualifying as a Specialist.
Building on this foundation, further medical qualifications can be gained through specialization in one or more Specialties or by completing an Extra Qualification course in addition to the regular and continuing training. Candidates can engage in continuing medical training in Germany after they have gained their Medical License.
Medical PG in Germany - Assisting Doctor in Applying for Specialization
The qualification (title or designation) gained through continuing training serves as proof of the acquired competence. The award of the title Specialist, Specialty and/or Extra Qualification is subject to the conditions as defined.
Notes: There is no obligation to engage in continuing training for a Speciality or an Extra Qualification. When choosing the medical university at which the continuing training will be offered, please note that not all the Consultants hold the teaching qualifications required for providing advanced continuing training in each of the Specialties, especially at smaller municipal hospitals.
Medical PG in Germany - Assisting Doctor for Specialists
Candidates who complete their continuing training as a Specialist in accordance with the prescribed continuing training syllabuses and periods and are able to document the disciplinary competence required for this by passing an examination will be awarded the title of Specialist.
Designations for Specialties
Candidates who complete their continuing training in a Specialty in accordance with the prescribed continuing training syllabuses and periods and are able to document the disciplinary competence then hold the qualifications required for this Specialty.
Candidates who gain Extra Qualifications in accordance with the prescribed training syllabuses and periods and are able to document that they have the disciplinary competence required for this by passing an examination will be awarded a Extra Qualification.
Medical PG in Germany - Who can do medical continuing training?
The Medical License to Practice Medicine is an absolutely indispensable requirement for admission to medical continuing training in Germany. Doctors who hold a basic medical degree awarded in countries outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, may, under certain circumstances, practice medicine in Germany.
However, they must prove that they have completed their medical training as a doctor or are entitled to practice medicine in their respective home country. Foreign doctors (for example, scholarship holders) can be admitted to practice medicine if they wish to engage in continuing medical training or in-service training in Germany within the scope of scholarship programs financed from the Federal Budget – as is the case for the DAAD.
The specified course lengths for continuing medical training as cited in this document are minimum requirements that may change from case to case if the continuing training syllabuses cannot be acquired within the minimum allowed time. The tables below only serve as a general overview of the continuing training periods in the various fields, Specialties, and Extra Qualifications.
As mentioned above, continuing training as a Specialist on in a Specialty can be followed up in many fields of medicine. There is no obligation to engage in any of the latter courses or in any extra qualification courses.
The following examples aim to explain the summary table Specialist and Specialty Competence. They specify the minimum time needed for four different Specialist qualifications.
At the end of each Specialist, Specialty or Extra Qualification course, the trained doctor must document the required disciplinary competencies by passing an examination in order to gain the relevant title: Specialist, Speciality or Extra Qualification.
Medical PG in Germany for Anesthesiology
A doctor must complete at least 60 months (5 years) of continuing medical training to qualify as an Anesthetist.
Medical PG in Germany for Surgery
To gain the specialist competencies listed in the table for the field of “Surgery”, a doctor must initially complete at least 24 months (2 years) of basic continuing training. This is then followed by specialist continuing surgical training in the desired field.
The choice of specialist competencies in the field of surgery are: General Surgery; Vascular Surgery; Cardiac Surgery; Pediatric Surgery; Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery; Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery; Thorax Surgery and Visceral Surgery.
In other words: A doctor wishing to gain qualification as a Specialist in the field of thorax surgery must, for example, complete at least 24 months of basic continuing training plus at least 48 months of subsequent specialist continuing training in thorax surgery. This means 24 months + 48 months = a minimum of at least 72 months (6 years).
Medical PG in Germany for Internal Medicine and General Medicine
- Continuing training in the fields of “Internal and General Medicine” lasts (a total of) at least:
- 60 months (5 years) for disciplinary competence as a “General Practitioner” 12.1,
- 72 months (6 years) for specialist competence as an “Internist” 12.2, and
- 72 months (6 years) for specialist competence as an “Internist + additional disciplinary competencies e.g. Internist and Pneumologist)” 12.3.
Medical PG in Germany for Pediatrics
Continuing training in the field of Pediatrics lasts at least 60 months. After passing the final examination, the qualified doctor is given the title: “Pediatrician”. Subsequent specialization, for example in the field of “Neuropeadiatrics / Child Neurology”, takes at least 36 months and is completed with a further examination.
Summary Table of Medical PG Specialist and Specialty Competence
The following table lists the minimum times required for medical continuing training in the various medical fields and Specialty Competencies.
Remarks: The figures listed in this table are based on the Model Continuing Education Rules of the German Medical Association. The study regulations of the respective State Medical Associations may differ slightly.
Summary Table of Medical PG Extra Qualifications
In addition to medical continuing training and qualification in the Specialties, doctors wishing to further specialize can gain an Extra Qualification. The minimum time needed for the individual disciplinary competencies is as follows:
- As already mentioned above, such Extra Qualification is not counted as part of the time prescribed for training as a specialist. The following special competencies are gained, in particular, by completing an Extra Qualification course.
With this program, we offer high-value professional support for preparing a medical PG in Germany, and you can thus profit from our long-term experience in international projects. We offer a complete service package as well as support in meeting administrative and intercultural requirements.
The training to become a medical specialist, is done “on the job” in a hospital as an assistant doctor. The average annual salary or stipend for an assistant doctor who has not gained any prior experience as a medical specialist amounts to 45,000 Euros (pre-tax) and will rise quickly afterwards.
Medical PG in Germany for Indian Students
PG in Germany after MBBS in India is one of the top choices among international medical PG options. Many Indians tried their hardest to crack AIPGMEE / NEET- PG 2 to 4 times and ultimately wished to go forward by adopting a stronger option in the interest of their enthusiasm to seek post-degree after MBBS in Germany.
The path to becoming an MD in Germany after completing an MBBS in India is quite difficult. But it can be easier for you. All you have to do is contact an authentic, qualified, and knowledgeable abroad education expert who is familiar with your requirements. The stages are well defined, and studying PG medicine in Germany takes an additional two years, however, it does provide an opportunity for PG in Germany.
German System for Medical PG in Germany
Many medical universities in Germany, surprise, offer the entire MBBS training for free. However, the German medical council is in charge of the roadmap to medical PG, and medical universities in Germany are not involved. You will have an easy path to PG in Germany after MBBS at a German medical university.
However, going straight to the MD level following MBBS in India has hurdles in terms of language learning and system clarity. As a result, we constantly advise MBBS students in India to consider a renowned medical university in Germany as their path to a PG degree.
How do I get into a Medical PG program in Germany?
- Complete with your native country's German-language levels
It is critical to master the German language before applying to Medical PG in Germany. As a doctor, it's critical to improve your patients' communication abilities. In Germany, various particular programs can help you acquire the highest degree of language proficiency. It is recommended that you begin your beginner levels with A1 and A2 levels (German basic levels) before applying for Medical PG.
- Pursue B1-C1 level language course in Germany
You must begin another level of German levels until C1 as soon as you enter Germany with your fundamental language knowledge. Studying as a doctor in Germany is possible after you have a decent command of the German language.
- Medical German language course
After completing the B2 level, doctors begin to study Medical German, which is required for doctors to practice in Germany. Learning merely the general German language is insufficient for doctors. The doctors were taught about employee communication, planning, implementation, and documentation, dealing with patients, counseling and informing them about their ailments, choosing a healthcare institution, vocabulary enhancement, and comprehending job instructions during the course. For the same, different examinations are done. Some of these are Telc Medizin B2-C1 certificates, and some states need that you pass a "Fachsprachprufung" before you can apply for approval.
- Clearing the “Kenntnisprüfung” exam
All non-EU doctors must apply for an Approbation exam after completing the German language. After you have submitted all of the required paperwork to the authorities, they will review all of your documents and compare them to the German Medical Study Eligibility. If your current medical study is compatible with the German medical education system, you do not need to take this exam and your doctor will receive an Approbation license; however, if your study is not compatible with the German education system, you must take this exam and pass to receive your Approbation license.
Note: To obtain an Approbation license, all Indian medical graduates must pass this exam.
Duration of Studying PG in Germany
The entire period of medical PG in Germany for Indian students is three to four years, depending on specialty. It is completely free to study in Germany.
Medium of Teaching of PG in Germany
In Germany, the only language used to teach PG is German. To study PG medicine in Germany, you must have a B-level understanding of the language.
Intake of PG Course in Germany
If you want to pursue a PG in Germany after MBBS, your program will begin in October. This marks the start of the winter semester in German postgraduate universities. PG medicine in Germany is divided into 2 semesters: winter and summer. In most cases, the admissions process begins in the winter semester.
After MBBS, Best Routes to pursue PG in Germany
After MBBS, there are a variety of options to pursue medical PG in Germany for Indian students. Two options stand out: directly studying MBBS education in German universities and enrolling in a one-year Master’s degree to gain a better understanding of the German language and the German environment. If you have already completed your MBBS in Germany, continuing your education is an easy process. If you have not already, you can follow this path to a PG in Germany after completing your MBBS:
- As Germany has various rules, you should allow at least six to seven months before traveling there.
- You must pass levels A1 and A2 of the German language.
- Obtaining a letter of acceptance for TELC B2 and TELC C1 from a government-approved test. The standards B2 and C1 have been rejected.
- You should study German until you obtain the C1 level.
- Getting an accepted Observer-ship from a German hospital for your post-graduate program in Germany.
An Alternative Way to Study PG in Germany
There is just one way to come to Germany for PG after MBBS. This technique allows you to enroll in a one-year Master's program in Healthcare instead of graduating from TELC B1 to TELC C1. During this procedure, you can study German up to the TELC C1 level. Because you already have far more achievements than most applicants for PG in Germany after MBBS, this method will raise your profile for any postgraduate course.
Jobs and Salary for PGs in Germany after MBBS
Doctors are among the most employable and well-paid workers in the world. In Germany, a medical degree ensures great employability and good remuneration. Your remuneration will be determined by your hospital's career history and role. In Germany, for example, a specialist makes roughly € 80,000 per year on average. Doctors are also among the highest-paid professionals. With several years of experience, a doctor in Germany should expect to earn substantially more than € 100,000 per year.
Germany is one of the best places to pursue PG course in the best universities. Germany PG universities provide PG courses at reasonable cost. The students should choose the best abroad education consultancy New-Lyf to take admission to PG course in Germany. We provide complete accurate information about the university so that the students do not have any problem during their studies. We ensure that the students must select the best university at affordable fees with quality education.
MEDICAL PG IN GERMANY 2023 -24 FAQ
What is the medium of instruction for Medical PG in Germany?
Can I practice in India after completion of the PG course?
Can a medical student study the PG course in Germany at an affordable fee structure?
Is Germany good for PG?