How to Apply for Nursing Job in Germany?
How can I get nursing job in Germany?
The candidates need a license if they want to apply for nursing home jobs in Germany & work as a nurse in Germany. They need to take an adaptation course to bring their language and professional skills in line with the requirements & submit the applications for the recognition of professional qualifications to the responsible authority in the German state in which they intend to work. The candidates fulfill the following requirements in order for their application to be successful:
Qualifications recognized in Germany: The responsible authority will verify whether or not the professional qualifications which they have acquired abroad are fully equivalent to the corresponding qualification issued in Germany. If this is not then they can sign up for an adaptation course.
Need to speak German well enough: The candidates need to prove that they have a B1 or B2 German proficiency level as per the European Framework of Reference for nursing home jobs in Germany.
Need to be in good health: The candidates need to provide a certificate issued by a German doctor stating that they are physically and mentally fit and able to work in nursing care.
How many years does it take to become a nurse in Germany?
There are 2 main ways to become a nurse in Germany & that are University Degree & Vocational Training. Both are of 3 years & enable the candidates to work as a nurse but University degree provides more opportunities for future career. Vocational Training will require a significant amount of experience to be able to move forward. The most popular path is when after completing a program, they become nurse teachers at vocational schools. But most of them also combine their nurse job at the hospital with the teaching profession. A qualified nursing student in German will get a job post when they are enrolled in the program.
Why do you want to work as a nurse in Germany?
There are various reasons to work as a nurse in Germany as given below:
- Flexible working hours: Nurses can decide on how much time they want to do their job, and what their shift preference. They can choose if they only work 20 hours or 40 hours weekly, and if they prefer to work in the morning or at night.
- Good work-life balance: Nurses are able to plan a better lifestyle.
- International experience: Germany has a very high standard of healthcare and it’s good to start a career with such solid foundation.
- Fair treatment: Nurses from other countries are paid the same as German nurses especially at public institutions such as government-run hospitals.
- Multiple social benefits: Nurses can enjoy health, retirement, unemployment, education and other social benefits.
- Better salary: Nurses get an allowance even during the adaptation. When they are qualified, they will get a salary of €2500 to €2800 per month.
- Paid holidays: Nurses enjoy at least 20 paid holidays yearly.
What are the requirements to get a job in Germany?
The following requirements need to be fulfilled to get a job in Germany:
- The candidates need B2 Level of German language certificate to get a job in Germany so that they can communicate with the German patients.
- Academic documents such as mark-sheets/ transcripts or certificates should also have to be translated in the German language.
- Medical certificate which proves good health.
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) needs to check that person is having any case registered or not.
- Germany accepts only those nurses who are already certified by the European Union.
Can I work in Germany without speaking German?
The candidates must be proficient in the German language for nursing home jobs in Germany. The minimum requirement for a work permit as a nurse is B2 level. They must have a German language certificate of level B1 or B2
Which nursing jobs are needed in Germany?
- Staff nurse
- Office nurse
- Nurse in hospital
- Geriatric nurse
- Pediatric nurse
- Gynecology nurse
- Dialysis nurse
- Emergency room nurse
- Operating room nurse
- Senior nurse
- Nurse average
- Nursing assistant
- Senior caregiver
- Caregiver assistant
Is it easy to get a job in Germany?
It is easy to get a nursing home jobs in Germany if the candidates must have the knowledge about German language because they need to prove that their level of German is sufficient for practicing their selected job.