HOW TO GET MEDICAL ADMISSION IN INDIAN GOVERNMENT COLLEGE
MBBS in India is regarded as the esteemed degree and qualification. Every medical college follow the eligibility criteria described by their affiliated university for medical admission in India. The candidates taking MBBS admission in Indian Government College must have completed 12th or its equivalent with physics, chemistry, and Biology. Medical admission in India is based on the score the candidates get on the NEET (National Eligibility and Entrance Test) exam.
Number of Government Colleges in India
MBBS is one of the reputed and most pursued medical degrees in India. According to the Medical Council of India, there are 584 Govt. medical colleges in India that provide MBBS courses and the total number of seats available for medical admission in India is 31,727.
The fees for the government seats vary from 12,000 to 2,80,000 annually depending on the college and the tuition fees of private colleges range from Rs 3,80,000 to 21,00,000 annually.
Famous Medical Colleges in India
Here is the list of some of the famous medical colleges in India:
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Government Medical College, Chandigarh
- Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
- King George's Medical University, Lucknow
- Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
- Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- BMCRI (Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute)
- Mysore Medical College & Research Institute
- Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences
- Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences
- Bowring & Lady Curzon Medical College & Research Institute
- Chamarajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dharwad Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
- Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences
- Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health
- Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences
- Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences
- Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences
- Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences
- Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences & Research
- Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences
NEET Exam Score to Get Govt. Seat
All the top government medical colleges offer medical admissions in India on the basis of the marks attained by the candidates in the NEET examination. The process of MBBS admission Indian Govt. College consists of centralized counseling. This process is conducted by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
MBBS admission Indian Government College through NEET is categorized into two types of quota such as All India Quota (AIQ) and State Level Quota. All India Quota consist of 15% of the overall seats and the rest of the 85% are filled under state-level quota. The candidates can avail seats under the above-mentioned quota on the basis of their domicile certificate.
The remaining 85% of the seats are covered under the state-level quota in all government medical colleges. To get admission under the state quota, the candidates need to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria and domicile qualification requirements as stated by the state counseling committee.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be 17 years of age and should not exceed 25 years of age for medical admission in India.
- The candidate must have completed 12th or equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- The candidates must fulfill the domicile requirements as set by the respective state admission authorities for admission
- The candidates must secure the category-wise prescribed cut off in NEET for MBBS admission Indian Government College.
Fee Structure for MBBS in Government College
MBBS fees vary depending on government and private colleges. The candidate can pursue an MBBS course from any government college with the fees ranging from INR 1,700 to 10,000. The candidate can pursue an MBBS course from a private institution with fees ranging from INR 2 to 20 lacs per annum.
With an average annual MBBS course fees ranging from INR 10,000 to 6, 00,000, the candidates can pursue this degree from top colleges such as Christian Medical College, Kasturba Medical College, and many more.
Be the part of the Biggest NEET Online Exam (NEET Test Series Event)
New-Lyf is going to hold a seminar from 10 June to 15 June where students can participate from different parts of India. It is the golden opportunity to interact with our expert counselors and attain the appropriate advice on a medical career. Experts will discuss the exam pattern, marking scheme, and type of questions that may appear so that the students can score 600+ in the NEET 2020 examination. Get our expert’s guidance for MBBS admission Indian Government College.
NEET 2020 is a stepping stone for those candidates who want to build their career in the medical field. The fee in private medical colleges is too expensive as compared to Govt. medical colleges. It is necessary for the candidates to put extra effort into their preparation and be part of the NEET Test Series Event which is from 10 June to 15 June 2020 to get the experts’ guidance on how to score high ranks in the NEET exam.