MBBS in India
What is MBBS?
An MBBS degree is an undergraduate course for students who want to fulfill their dream to become a doctor. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is a professional degree in medical science. An individual who holds the MBBS degree becomes a certified medical practitioner. The syllabus of the MBBS course includes studies on anatomy, pharmacology, pathology as well as community health & medicine, pediatrics, and surgery.
How to Pursue MBBS?
The students need to appear for the (NEET National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for taking admission to MBBS in India. This is the only entrance exam for admission to the MBBS course and is accepted by the government as well as private institutions.
Why NEET Exam is Mandatory in India?
The students need to clear the NEET Exam for pursuing MBBS in India in top Indian medical colleges. The system of NEET regulates the entry of the students to the MBBS course so that only suitable students with competence and capability take admission to educational institutions at the undergraduate level.
Who is Eligible for MBBS?
The eligibility criteria of the students who want to pursue MBBS in India are as follows:
- The students should have science in their 12th standard and should have an aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and Biology.
- The students should be at least 17 years of age to take admission to Indian Medical College/ Universities.
- The students should also qualify for the NEET exam with passing marks to apply for MBBS in India.
- The students need to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the MCI.
Duration of MBBS Course in India
The duration of MBBS in India is five years and five months including one year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centers, and health camps organized by non-profit organizations (NGOs).
Cost of MBBS in India in Govt & Pvt Colleges
MBBS Fees in India varies for the institutes of different categories. MBBS Fee in a government college ranges between Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000 whereas that of a private medical college, MBBS fee starts from 2 lacs and can goes up to 22 lacs.
Number of MBBS Seats in India
There are around 2800 medical seats are reserved in 25 government medical colleges. The admission to MBBS is conducted through NEET examinations across the country. It provides entry to 70,693 seats of MBBS in India. The medical students can check all the details related to MBBS seats in India as mentioned below:
|Types of Colleges||MBBS Seats|
|AIIMS & JIPMER Institutions||1405|
Top Government Medical Colleges in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai
- BJ Government Medical College, Pune
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi
- Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai
Top Private Medical Colleges in India
- St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore
- SGT Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Hyderabad
Advantages of Studying MBBS in India
- MBBS doctors in India are known for their expertise and high reputation in abroad countries.
- MBBS in India has a high demand because the students pursue their medical education from the top universities of India and get trained by highly qualified professionals.
- There is great clinical exposure for students studying MBBS in India.
- After completing the MBBS in India, the MBBS graduates can get a job in reputed healthcare and pharmaceutical sector.
- Excellent classrooms, laboratories, and surgical theatres with all modern facilities.
- Affiliated government Institutes with well equipped modern equipment.
- During the course of study, the medical students are made completely aware of the entire anatomy of human and surgery practices, inclusive of subfields like human cytology, chemistry, human anatomy, pharmaceutical chemistry, and methods of surgery.
- India has been ranked among the top MBBS countries.
- There are various best government and private MBBS colleges in India.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in India
- The students need to clear NEET exam for taking admission to MBBS in India.
- MBBS fee in private medical colleges is quite high as compared to abroad.
- The government colleges in India offer fewer tuition fees but it is difficult to take admission in government colleges as they have high percentage criteria.
Top Destinations for MBBS in Abroad
The students can take admission to MBBS in Abroad without qualifying any entrance exam. The top destinations for MBBS in Abroad are Philippines, Europe, Russia, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Malaysia and more. They provide the high quality education with top-class facilities.
Cost Comparison for MBBS in India vs Russia, Ukraine & Philippines
|India||5 lakhs to 20 lakhs|
|Russia||19 lakhs to 25 lakhs|
|Kazakhstan||15 lakhs to 20 lakhs|
|Philippines||12 lakhs to 15 lakhs|
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Abroad
- The students pursuing MBBS in abroad are trained for MCI (Medical Council of India) screening so that the students can easily attain registration to practice medicine in India.
- There is no requirement to pay a donation or capitation fee in abroad medical colleges/universities.
- The Indian students will get to experience the knowledge and the understanding of different cultures and traditions followed by foreign countries.
- The medical degrees awarded to students are recognized by WHO, UNESCO, and the MCI. It provides a great benefit to them to work practically anywhere in the world.
- Advanced teaching techniques with outstanding facilities equipped with great state-of-the-art infrastructure and advanced laboratories.
- English is spoken in various countries so there would not be any problem while interacting with others. The medium of coaching is English in abroad medical colleges.
- The students can also have the option to start working on preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to study Post Graduate Degrees.
- MBBS Fees in Abroad medical colleges is very affordable as compared to Indian medical colleges