MBBS in Russia
Russia is well-acclaimed among international students for providing top-notch education facilities and has been amassing huge numbers of students the past few decades. The medical courses offered in Russia are recognized by the 5 renowned international medical councils namely the WHO, FAIMER, IMED, MCI, WFME and also by the Medical Council of leading countries like U.S.A, U.K, the Middle East, Australia, India, and Canada. Also, medical universities in Russia offer students, subsidized education along with scholarship. This subsidized fee is provided by the Russian Ministry of Health & Education. High quality of education along with the low cost of tuition fee is one of the main reasons for choosing the top medical universities in Russia for MBBS. Students and teachers are divided into batches of the ratio 15:2. Later, they are taught the local language and split into a ratio of 7:1. Also, about 12 of these universities provide MBBS in English medium. The graduates from Russian Medical Universities are presently working in leading hospitals across the world. Duration of MBBS in Russia in English Medium is 6 years (5+1). Students also can choose MBBS in Russian Medium, of which the duration is 7 years which incorporates one year for Russian language training.
Russia is the largest country of the world by land area and it is also known by the official name, the Russian Federation. Moscow is the capital of Russia and the largest city is the world. Population of Russia is about 146.6 million. The Russian government is predicated on a democratic form of rule. The Russian Federation shares land border with Finland, Lithuania and Poland, Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Norway Estonia, Mongolia and North Korea.
Why MBBS Study in Russia
Medical Study in Russia is very easy for a student because any student from all over the world can enroll for MBBS admission without an entrance exam. The fee in Russia is very low because the Russian Government provides subsidized education. The average MBBS fee in Russia is between 3500 to 6000 USD per year. All Russian medical universities are listed in renowned international medical councils, so a student who gets an MBBS degree from Russia can practice anywhere in the world including India. Students get a fully equipped hostel facility inside the university campus with quality food (most of the universities have an Indian canteen). Students can attain scholarship if they fulfill the scholarship criteria. All MBBS students in Russia get medical insurance for all courses and get the required medical assistance when needed. Students get training for MCI screening test during the medical course and professors are cognizant about the MCI screening test. Medical courses are taught in both English and Russian languages, MBBS students also get training to learn Russian Language because by learning Russian language a student can communicate with patients within the hospital during the time of medical practice. The crime rate in Russia is low, which makes it a safe place for living and studying.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Russia for Indian Students 2023 - 2024
Russia is the perfect place for Indian students to study MBBS mainly because there is no entrance exam or donation required for attaining a seat in the Russian universities. The admission procedure is easy and simple. The course fees are low and subsidized. There is worldwide recognition of the degrees provided by Medical Universities of Russia as it is approved by all the top medical councils. Good food and accommodation is provided, also, there are Indian canteens available in most of the universities. They provide MCI Coaching in the Russian Medical Universities and the results are excellent. Students that have graduated from the universities are working in leading hospitals across the world. The graduates are not only working in India but in Australia, Canada, USA, UK and other major countries across the globe. Also, there is a very minimal chance of VISA rejection. All the universities are government universities of Russia.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria of the students who want to study MBBS in Russia are as follows:
- The student should be of the age 17-30. They should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidate must secure 50% marks in their 12th grade from Science stream (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
- The candidates of the SC/ST/OBC need to score a minimum of 45% marks in their 12th grade.
- As per the latest notification by MCI, Indian medical aspirants who plan to enroll in Foreign Medical Universities need to qualify NEET.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Russia
Some of the top universities in Russia are as follows:
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University (RNRMU)
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University
- I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Altai State Medical University
- Astrakhan State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Belgorod State National Research University
- Chechen State University
- Chuvash State University named after I.N. Ulyanov
- Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Ivanovo State Medical Academy
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Kabardino-Balkarian State University
- Kazan Federal (Volga) University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kemerovo State Medical Academy
- Kuban State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Mari State University
- National Research Nuclear University “MIFI”
- National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University
- North Ossetian State Medical Academy
- North-Eastern Federal University named after MK Ammosov
- Northern State Medical University
- Novosibirsk National Research State University
- Omsk State Medical University
- Orel State University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Pacific State Medical University
- Penza State University
- Perm State Medical University named after E.A. Vagner
- Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- Pskov State University
- Rostov State Medical University
- Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov
- Russian Peoples Friendship University
- Ryazan State Medical University named after I.P. Pavlov
- Saratov State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy
- Stavropol State Medical University
- Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin
- The First Moscow State Medical University named after Sechenov
- The First St. Petersburg State Medical University named after Pavlov
- Tula State University
- Tver State Medical University
- Tyumen State Medical University
- Ulyanovsk State University
- Ural State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Voronezh State Medical University named after N.N. Burdenko
- Yaroslavl State Medical University
Requirements for MBBS Admission in Russia 2023 - 2024
The necessary documents for attaining admission in Russia are the following:
- A birth certificate as an age proof s mandatory.
- 10th and 12th class mark sheets.
- Passport size photo.
- Valid passport with 18 months of validity.
- Student VISA is mandatory.
- A no objection certificate.
- Report of HIV test.
- Banks statements are required for the submission.
- Posses the MBBS fees of Russia 2023 - 2024.
- Medical certificates for fitness proofs.
- Invitation letter from concerned university.
- Approved documents from the Ministry External Affairs.
- Legalized papers from embassy of Russia.
- Health insurance certificate.
- Travel insurance certificate.
|Particulars||Tuition Fee in $||Exchange Rate||Tuition Fee in Rupees|
|MD 1 YR||$3700||73||Rs.2,72,958|
|MD 2 YR||$3700||73||Rs.2,72,958|
|MD 3 YR||$3700||73||Rs.2,72,958|
|MD 4 YR||$3700||73||Rs.2,72,958|
|MD 5 YR||$3700||73||Rs.2,72,958|
|MD 6 YR||$3700||73||Rs.2,72,958|
MBBS in Russia Advice for Indian Students
The following are the advice's for the Indian students in Russia:
- One should always be cautious of his/her surroundings.
- Avoid the company of dangerous people.
- Do not stay outside late in the night.
- Do not travel to places not sure of.
Pros and Cons of Studying In Russia
Some of the challenges faced are the bitterly cold climatic condition of Russia and the homesickness faced by the Indian students. The medical universities in Russia do not include some of the diseases in the syllabus which can be an issue for the international students. Language barrier and the new culture can also be a significant challenge.
The pros are the low cost of education along with scholarship, good accommodation and canteen facilities. The Russian medical universities are accredited by the medical councils all over the world. It is also easy to apply and enroll. And the job opportunities are massive for a medical student graduated from a Russian medical college.
VISA Procedure for MBBS in Russia
The candidates have to provide the online application form correctly. Then you need to submit all the required documents. The candidates then will get the invitation letter from the respected university. It is at this step that the candidates have to pay the admission fee. Then the student has to apply for the visa. And once the visa is in hand one can book the tickets!
MCI Coaching in Russia!
Russia provides a great opportunity to MBBS students of the 1st year to start MCI Coaching in Russia in the top government medical universities. The students get top-class medical faculties that offer in-depth knowledge regarding the MCI exam.
National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts MCI Screening Test which is a licensing exam to practice in India after completing MBBS in Russia. But the students that wish to pursue postgraduate medical courses in India need to qualify National Exit Test (NEXT) exam and also offer license to practice their medical career in India.
PG Options after MBBS in Russia
Following are the PG options after MBBS in Russia:
- After completing MBBS from Russian medical universities, the students can opt from a variety of options to pursue their PG courses.
- They can choose Indian medical colleges for PG courses but after qualifying the MCI screening test.
- They can also choose abroad medical colleges for PG courses but they need to qualify the respective screening tests of that country.
Vacations during MBBS in Russia
The students pursuing MBBS in Russia can have two long holidays between semesters in a year such as:
- The students can take their first vacation in summer for 2 months which is in July and August. They need to come back before the next semester that starts from 1st September.
- They take their second vacation in winter that lasts for around a month from 15th January to the first week of February.
Career Options after Completing MBBS in Russia
Following are the career options for MBBS graduates after completing MBBS in Russia:
- Once the students complete MBBS in Russia, they can opt for a PG course in any field as per their preference.
- They can join any research organizations to work in research-oriented opportunities.
- There are lots of opportunities in government and private sectors for MBBS doctors to do a job. They are assigned internships, medical practices.
- They can start their preparation for USMLE if they wish to practice medicine in the USA.
- They can go for specialization courses in medicine and can pursue a job with a lucrative salary package.
How reserve your MBBS Seat in Russia for 2023 - 2024 Admission
Russia is one of the best countries for taking admission in MBBS course. New-Lyf recommends the students to follow the below significant steps for admission guidelines:
- The students need to choose the University as per their choice in which they wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. New-Lyf provides complete details regarding some of the highest-ranked universities in Russia.
- They need to fill the Application form of that University with all the required documents.
- Once the university reviews their details such as eligibility criteria, documents, and more, they will get an invitation letter from that university.
- If the students are eligible for applying for MBBS in Russia, they get an invitation letter.
- They need to apply for a student visa in the Russian embassy of the respective country.
- They need to deposit the admission fee of the university as per their norms.
Services of New-Lyf Abroad MBBS Consulant
- MCI screening test coaching online
- Accurate and transparent counseling for MBBS in many countries
- Admission in top medical universities approved by MCI
- Perfect visa application documents without any rejection
- Safe travel services provided to students going abroad to pursue MBBS
- Support for accommodation at the campus
Our Process of conducting Student Counseling
It is advisable to students to attend our counseling regarding MBBS in Russia to clear their doubts:
- Online Counseling
We provide complete information about the MBBS abroad, selection of the best university, advantages & disadvantages of pursuing MBBS in different countries, and clear each doubt of the students so that they can study MBBS and fulfill their wish.The students can get online counseling session from the CEO of New-Lyf and can clear their doubts.
New-Lyf has a team of expert counselors that provide accurate information from MBBS to PG courses to the students. The students can interact with any of the expert counselor through phone call, SMS, Whatsapp, Email, and more and get resolved their queries regarding MBBS in abroad.
- Personal Counseling
The students do not need to travel to our head office only as they can also visit our office in Bangalore, Kochi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bihar, Lucknow & Mumbai.
MBBS in Russia FAQ
Which is the best MBBS College in Russia for Indian Students?
Is MBBS in Russia good?
How many years in MBBS in Russia?
How much is the cost for MBBS in Russia?
What are the career options for an Indian student doing an MBBS in Russia?
Is NEET required for MBBS in Russia?