Difference of Studying MBBS in Philippines Vs India for Indian Students
Many students pursue MBBS after clearing their 12th to a doctor. Philippines and India both are best destinations to take admission to MBBS course. Most of the Indian students take admission in foreign countries to pursue MBBS in foreign countries because of intense competition in India and high fee structure.
Pursuing MBBS in Philippines is one of the best options that Indian students can choose to study MBBS. The students that wish to study MBBS in Philippines or MBBS in India can take a look at the detailed analysis of studying MBBS in both countries and choose for themselves the most viable option.
Differentiate Between Universities
MBBS in Philippines Medical Universities
The Philippines is one of the preferable destinations for Indian students to take admission to MBBS course. The medical degree provided by the Philippines medical universities are recognized by the MCI & WHO. The best Philippines medical universities/colleges follow the US education system. After completing the MBBS in Philippines, the students are awarded with the medical degree which is known as the MD program (Doctor of Medicine).
There is very affordable tuition fee structure in Philippines medical colleges/universities but with high quality of medical education. The students get lots of career opportunities or they can work in any country after completing the MBBS in Philippines. Philippines medical colleges/universities taught MBBS course in English.
MBBS in India medical universities
India is a beautiful country that comprises of diverse culture. India has around 362 medical colleges/universities that offer medicine course such as Harvard or Cambridge University where many overseas medical students take admission to pursue MBBS. MBBS in India is 5.5 years long including a 1-year paid internship. Indian medical colleges/universities are affiliated and recognized by the MCI and Government Authorities of India.
Approx 6 lakhs students apply to MBBS in India every year but some of them can get seat in the top Indian medical universities because of the intense completion and limited seats. Therefore, many Indian medical students choose foreign countries to pursue MBBS. Most of the students prefer Philippines to study MBBS because of top-class education at low-budget.
Advantages for Indian students to study MBBS in India:
Cost of Education
The cost of education of MBBS in Philippines vs India is as follows:
|Particulars||Fee Structure Per Year|
|Philippines||12 lakhs to 15 lakhs|
|India||5 lakhs to 20 lakhs|
Advantage for Indian Students
Advantages for Indian students to study MBBS in Philippines:
- Philippines provide medical degree to the students after completing MBBS which is recognized worldwide.
- Philippines medical colleges/universities taught MBBS course in English that enables the students to interact with others.
- Philippines medical colleges/universities are approved by the MCI (Medical Council of and follows the US education system.)
- After qualifying the MCI screening test, the students that cleared MBBS in Philippines can also practice in India.
- The faculty of Philippines medical colleges/universities adopts a unified problem-based learning approach to give better exposure to future medical practitioners.
- After completing MBBS in Philippines, the students can start their preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to pursue PG course.
- The Philippines is extremely safe for Indian students and the environment is also safe.
- No requirement to pay any donation fee or capitation fee to take admission to MBBS in Philippines.
Advantages for Indian students to study MBBS in India:
- Indian medical universities are well-known because to their excellent results.
- Indian medical universities provide medical degree to the students after completing MBBS course which is considered to be outstanding.
- Indian medical universities provide top-class clinical knowledge and expertise.
- After completing MBBS in India, the students can start practicing medicine in India without qualifying any test.
- If the students clear the NEET exam with good marks, they can pursue MBBS in Indian Government medical colleges at very affordable fee.
Cost of Living
Cost of living in Philippines
The cost of living in Philippines is very low that enable the students to pay their expenses easily. The cost of staying in Philippines is approx $ 180 to $ 200 per month. The students can also get best accommodation facilities in top Philippines colleges to medical students at very reasonable fees. The hostels of Philippines colleges/universities are equipped with all facilities.
Cost of living in India
The Cost of living in India is quite low as compared to other countries. The cost of staying in India depends on the place where the students live in India which is around 5000 to 15000 per month. Most of the Indian medical universities also provide hostel facilities to the students at very low-budget.
PG in Philippines vs India
Following are the PG options after completing MBBS in Philippines
- The students can take admission to several PG courses in Philippines universities.
- They can start working on preparation for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) to study Post Graduate Degrees.
Following are the PG options after completing MBBS in India
- After completing MBBS in India, the students can go for MD/ MS/Diploma.
- They can pursue PG in several specialties such as internal medicine, general surgery, gynaecology, paediatrics, and many more.
- They can start working on preparation for the NEET entrance exam, PGIMER, JIPMER PG, and AIIMS PG.
Scope After MBBS in Philippines or India
Scope after MBBS in Philippines
- The student that have completing MBBS in Philippines have lots of career options
- They can move to USA and UK for further study
- After completing MBBS in Philippines and qualifying MCI screening tests, the students can practice medicine in India.
- They can take admission to PG courses in Philippines Universities
Scope after MBBS in India
- After completing MBBS in India, the students get good salary package in private as well as public sectors.
- They can build their own healthcare clinic and start their career.
- They can do a job in several sectors like healthcare sector, research institutes, laboratories, and many more.
- There is a high demand for Indian doctors in abroad with high salary package.
Studying MBBS in Philippines or India is Worth it or Not
MBBS in Philippines is the one of the top destinations among Indian students to pursue MBBS. It provides the best theoretical as well as practical education that enables the students to become successful practitioners. The medical degrees obtained from Philippines Medical Colleges or Universities are worldwide recognized. After completion of MBBS in Philippines, the students can pursue PG in any country or practice medicine in India as well as in another country after qualifying the National Exit Exam.
India is also a great option to pursue MBBS course. India is the highest-ranked country for providing training and research programs. The students that wish to take admission in MBBS in India have to qualify the NEET Entrance Exam. The medical degree awarded to students after completing the MBBS in India is Bachelor of Medicine or Bachelor of Surgery.
Can I Study MBBS in Philippines without NEET
No, Indian students cannot study MBBS in the Philippines without qualifying the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted in India. NEET is the mandatory entrance exam for Indian students who wish to pursue medical education in India or abroad.
The Medical Council of India (MCI), now known as the National Medical Commission (NMC), has made it mandatory for Indian students to qualify for NEET to pursue medical education abroad. This means that Indian students who wish to study MBBS in the Philippines must qualify for NEET before they can apply for admission to any medical college in the Philippines.
Therefore, it's important for Indian students who are interested in pursuing MBBS in the Philippines to prepare for and qualify for NEET before they can apply for admission to any medical college in the Philippines.