How to Study MBBS in Germany?
Germany is one of the best destinations study MBBS because it provides high-quality education at a reasonable cost. The total duration to study MBBS in Germany is 6 years and is conducted entirely in German. Therefore, it is necessary that the students must have a strong knowledge of the German language.
Structure of medical degrees in Germany
Study MBBS in Germany takes at least 6 years and three months to complete and conclude with the state examination (Ärztliche Prüfung). If the students clear this examination, they can get their official License to Practice Medicine (Approbation). They need to complete their medical studies in the following stages:
- Stage 1- pre-clinical phase: There are 4 semesters (two years) long in this stage. The students will learn about the key basics of natural sciences and medicine & concludes with the first medical licensing examination.
- Stage 2 - clinical phase: It is the main phase of study that includes 6 semesters (three years) long that contains core subjects, taught in lectures, practical courses, internships and seminars.
- Stage 3 - practical year: There is one-year of clinical training in this stage. The students will learn the practical aspects of surgery, internal medicine and an elective subject. It offers on-the-job experience to prepare them for their career growth.
- State Examination: This is the last step to complete the medical degree in Germany if to clear the State Examination, a nationally standardized examination. After qualifying the examination, the students can apply for their medical license (Approbation) and start working as a certified doctor.
Requirements to study MBBS in Germany
The students must have a very good knowledge of German language strong score in a test like the TestDaF or the DSH. The following are the requirements to study MBBS in Germany:
- University entrance qualification / secondary school leaving certificate.
- Strong knowledge of English so as to understand specialist literature.
- Proper high school knowledge of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Capability to cope well as medical courses is often time-consuming and intensive, with up to 25-30 hours of compulsory classes per week.
- Non-EU students may need a student visa and residence permit.
- Few universities may also need non-EU students to give results for the TestAS exam while the Test for Medical Studies (TMS) is voluntary but can assist to provide students an edge over other candidates by demonstrating their academic potential.
Cost of studying MBBS in Germany
The total cost of studying MBBS in Germany ranges anywhere around 5 lakhs to 11 lakhs per year.
Study MBBS in Germany in English language
If the students prefer to study a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the medical field, there are some English-taught programs available in Germany but they do not lead to a qualification as a doctor. It is necessary to learn German language to get MBBS admission in Germany. The students can consult New-Lyf in Bangalore that enables you to upgrade your skills in one of the widely spoken foreign languages in Europe i.e German anguage. New-Lyf provide the best German Classes in Bangalore which are handled by experts who have extensive experience in coaching as German language. The structure of the German classes is designed in a simple and efficient manner that makes it easier for the students to learn in German language.
Working as a doctor in Germany after completing MBBS
When the students cleared the State Examination, they will be granted their medical license and they can start working as a doctor. Their medical license is permanent & valid anywhere in Germany. If they are from the EU, they can work in Germany without the requirement of work permit and will have the same access to the labor market. But if they are from outside the EU, they can apply to extend their residence permit for up to 18 months in order to find work related to their studies.
Germany has a world-class healthcare system & there is a huge demand for doctors in Germany. The average starting salaries are very good anywhere around €49,000 annually which is generally more than starting salaries for graduates of any other discipline. The students can study MBBS in Germany after completing the German language course from New-Lyf