MBBS SEATS IN INDIA
- Cut-off percentage for MBBS seats in India
- Eligibility to get MBBS seat in India
- Entrance examinations to get MBBS seats in India
- Total number of MBBS seats in India state-wise
Most of the medical candidates in India look for government MBBS seats by scoring high in NEET exams. MBBS seats in India are limited & the competition is vast. NEET entrance exam is compulsory for the candidates who want to pursue medical studies under the MBBS course. NEET is conducted for MBBS seats in India by the central board of secondary education annually. There is no other national level entrance exam other than NEET for total MBBS seats in India.
Cut-off percentage for MBBS seats in India
The cut-off marks for MBBS seats in India for the general category is 50% and for SC/ST/OBC categories, it is 40%. There is vast competition for the MBBS entrance examination due to the number of seats for colleges in India that provide the MBBS course is very low and the number of candidates is high. It is necessary for the students to score high ranks in order to get admission in top MBBS colleges in India.
Eligibility to get MBBS seat in India
- The candidates who have passed 12 exams with physics, chemistry, and biology are eligible to get a seat into the MBBS course.
- The candidates must clear the All India Entrance Exam (NEET).
- The candidates should have completed 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Entrance examinations to get MBBS seats in India
Entrance examinations are conducted at the central level and at the university level for the allocation of MBBS seats.
- AIIMS: All India institute of medical science entrance examination
- AIPMT: All India – Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Exam (AIPMT) / National Entrance & Eligibility Test (NEET)
- 15% of the total seats in all medical & dental colleges in India are reserved for candidates who top the NEET examination.
State-level entrance exams
- All state governments are expected to fill their 85% quota of their medical seats on the basis of the NEET score.