List of NMC Approved Medical Universities in Kazakhstan
Studying MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) in Kazakhstan can be a viable option for international students who want to pursue a career in medicine. Kazakhstan has a number of universities that offer MBBS programs in English, making it a popular destination for students from all over the world.
The duration of an MBBS program in Kazakhstan is typically five years. The course is divided into two parts, the pre-clinical and the clinical phase. During the pre-clinical phase, students will learn about the fundamental aspects of medical science. In the clinical phase, students will gain hands-on experience by working with patients in hospitals and clinics.
To apply for an MBBS program in Kazakhstan, students need to meet certain eligibility criteria. Typically, students are required to have completed their secondary education with a science background, including subjects such as physics, chemistry, and biology. Students also need to pass a qualifying entrance exam, which is often in the form of an online test.
The cost of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan can vary depending on the university and the program. However, compared to other countries, the tuition fees are relatively affordable. Living expenses are also reasonable, making it a cost-effective option for international students.
Overall, studying MBBS in Kazakhstan can be a great option for students who want to pursue a career in medicine. It is important to thoroughly research the universities and programs available and ensure that they are recognized by the relevant medical authorities.
List of NMC Approved Medical Universities in Kazakhstan
The National Medical Commission (NMC), formerly known as the Medical Council of India (MCI), is the regulatory body that approves medical universities and colleges outside India for Indian students to pursue their medical education. Here are some NMC approved medical universities in Kazakhstan:
- International Medical School, Almaty
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty
- JSC Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, Almaty
- Kazakh Medical University of Continuing Education, Almaty
- Kazakh National Medical University, Almaty
- Semey State Medical University, Semey
- Karaganda State Medical University, Karaganda
- Astana Medical University, Nur-Sultan
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy, Shymkent
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, Aktobe
- Kokshetau State University named after Shokan Ualikhanov, Kokshetau
- Shymkent State Medical University, Shymkent
- International Kazakh-Turkish University, Turkestan
- M. Kozybayev North Kazakhstan State University, Petropavlovsk
- S.D. Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University, Almaty
These universities are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and offer high-quality medical education in English medium. Graduates from these universities are eligible to take the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) conducted by the NMC to practice medicine in India.
About Medical Universities of Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan has several universities that offer medical programs for local and international students. These universities are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and are also listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Here are some of the popular medical universities in Kazakhstan:
- Kazakh National Medical University: Established in 1931, it is one of the oldest and largest medical universities in Kazakhstan. It offers a variety of medical programs, including MBBS, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing.
- Astana Medical University: Founded in 1964, it is located in the capital city of Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan. It offers a range of medical programs, including MBBS, dentistry, nursing, and public health.
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University: Established in 1934, it is the largest university in Kazakhstan and offers a variety of programs, including medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing.
- Karaganda State Medical University: Founded in 1950, it is one of the leading medical universities in Kazakhstan. It offers a range of medical programs, including MBBS, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing.
- Semey State Medical University: Founded in 1953, it is located in the city of Semey and offers a variety of medical programs, including MBBS, dentistry, and pharmacy.
These universities have well-equipped facilities, experienced faculty, and a multicultural environment that provides an excellent opportunity for international students to learn and grow. The medium of instruction is generally English, although some universities may also offer programs in Russian or Kazakh. Students who graduate from these universities are eligible to take various international medical licensing exams and pursue a career in medicine.
Why Indian Student Study MBBS in Kazakhstan?
Indian students choose to study MBBS in Kazakhstan for several reasons, including:
- Affordable tuition fees: Compared to medical education in India, MBBS in Kazakhstan is relatively affordable, making it an attractive option for Indian students who may not be able to afford high tuition fees in their home country.
- High-quality education: Medical universities in Kazakhstan offer high-quality education with modern facilities and experienced faculty. The universities are also recognized by WHO and IMED, ensuring that students receive a globally recognized degree.
- English-medium instruction: Most medical universities in Kazakhstan offer MBBS programs in English, which is a significant advantage for Indian students who may not be proficient in Russian or Kazakh.
- Easy admission process: The admission process for MBBS in Kazakhstan is relatively straightforward, and the universities do not require students to take any entrance exams such as NEET or SAT.
- Multicultural environment: Kazakhstan is a multicultural country that welcomes international students. Studying in a multicultural environment provides an excellent opportunity for Indian students to learn and grow while gaining exposure to different cultures.
- Opportunities for clinical exposure: Medical universities in Kazakhstan offer plenty of opportunities for clinical exposure, with students working in hospitals and clinics to gain hands-on experience. This practical training can be valuable for Indian students in preparing them for their future medical careers.
Overall, studying MBBS in Kazakhstan can be a great option for Indian students who are looking for an affordable, high-quality medical education with plenty of opportunities for practical training and exposure to a multicultural environment.