TOP RUSSIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
- About Russia
- Why Study in Russian Medical Universities
- List of MCI Approved Russian Medical Universities
- Requirements for taking admission to Russian Medical Universities
- Required documents for taking admission to Russian Medical Universities
- Essential details for studying in Russian Medical Universities
- Pro & Cons of Studying in Russian Medical Universities
Russia is one of the best destinations for all aspiring students to pursue MBBS because it offers the best facilities for every medical student. The tuition fee of Russian Medical Universities is comparatively lower than the private medical colleges of India. The medium of instruction in Russia is now English which has made the country a popular place for higher education among Indian students.
MBBS degree from Russia is globally accepted because Russian Medical Universities are listed in the WHO and Medical Council of India (MCI). About 10,000 foreign students are taking Admission in Russian Medical Universities every year. The fees in Russian Medical Universities would range anywhere between 25 to 30 lacs.
Russia is a country which is located in Asia and Eastern Europe. Russia is the largest country in the world by land area and also called as Russian Federation. Russia’s capital is Moscow and the official name of Russia is the Russian Federation. It shares land borders with Finland, Lithuania, and Poland, Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Norway Estonia, Mongolia, & North Korea. The summers are comfortable & partly cloudy and the winters are long, freezing, snowy, windy, and overcast in Russia. The temperature in Russia typically varies from 12°F to 76°F and is rarely below -7°F or above 86°F.
Why Study in Russian Medical Universities
Russia is one of the most popular study destinations selected by Indian students. Indian students can choose Russian Medical Universities because of the following reasons:
- Travel to Russia is much easier and even economical than traveling to other countries.
- A medical program in Russian Medical Universities is recognized worldwide
- The students also trained for MCI (Medical Council of India) screening so that the students can easily attain registration to practice medicine in India.
- The medium of instruction in Russian Medical Universities is English and Russian.
- A unified problem-based learning approach offers better exposure to future medical practitioners.
- Advanced teaching techniques with outstanding facilities equipped with great state-of-the-art infrastructure and advanced laboratories.
- There are various Russian Medical Universities that are approved by organizations like WHO and MCI.
- Russian is extremely safe for Indian students and the environment is also safe.
- There is no donation or capitation fee required in these universities.
- Russian Medical Universities provide the best education at affordable rates.
- The cost of living is quite favorable for Indian students as there are excellent boarding and lodging provided by the Russian Medical Universities.
- The colleges allow the students to practically diagnose the patients which enhances their confidence & provides better practical knowledge.
List of MCI Approved Russian Medical Universities
- Altai State Medical University
- Astrakhan State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Belgorod State National Research University
- Chechen State University
- Chuvash State University named after I.N. Ulyanov
- Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Ivanovo State Medical Academy
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Kabardino-Balkarian State University
- Kazan Federal (Volga) University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kemerovo State Medical Academy
- Kuban State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Mari State University
- National Research Nuclear University "MIFI"
- National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University
- North Ossetian State Medical Academy
- North-Eastern Federal University named after MK Ammosov
- Northern State Medical University
- Novosibirsk National Research State University
- Omsk State Medical University
- Orel State University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Pacific State Medical University
- Penza State University
- Perm State Medical University named after E.A. Vagner
- Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- Pskov State University
- Rostov State Medical University
- Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov
- Russian Peoples Friendship University
- Ryazan State Medical University named after I.P. Pavlov
- Saratov State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy
- Stavropol State Medical University
- Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin
- The First Moscow State Medical University named after Sechenov
- The First St. Petersburg State Medical University named after Pavlov
- Tula State University
- Tver State Medical University
- Tyumen State Medical University
- Ulyanovsk State University
- Ural State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Voronezh State Medical University named after N.N. Burdenko
- Yaroslavl State Medical University
Requirements for taking admission to Russian Medical Universities
The Indian students should fulfill some essential requirements for taking admission to Russian Medical Universities and these are as follows:
- The students should have science in their 12th standard and should have an aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and Biology.
- The students should be at least 17 years of age to take admission to Russian Medical Universities.
- The students should also qualify for the NEFT exam with passing marks.
- The students should have English subject in their higher secondary.
- The students must not be more than 25 years of age.
Required documents for taking admission to Russian Medical Universities
The candidates can follow the given below NEET preparation tips to enhance their exam preparation and qualify the test with high ranks:
- A complete filled application form with all accurate details.
- Original and photocopies of Passport.
- Birth certificates and other mandatory certificates must be submitted to the concerned authority.
- Passport size (3cmX4cm) photographs.
- Original and a photocopy of mark sheets of both 10th & 12th standard
- A scorecard of NEFT (if required)
- Transfer certificate from the previous school
- Leaving certificate from the concerned school
- A certificate of code of conduct must be submitted
- The bank copy of guardians must be submitted which indicates that they have sufficient funds to pay the fees to Russian Medical Universities.
- A medical checkup certificate is also essential
Essential details for studying in Russian Medical Universities
- Russian Medical Universities take near about 15 days to send the invitation letter.
- Admission in Russian Medical Universities happens generally in July or August
- The Indian Students are advised to apply in the Russian Medical Universities within the time
- The student visa approval takes around 45-60 days to get sanctioned.
Pro & Cons of Studying in Russian Medical Universities
Every country has its pros and cons that can benefit as well as effect Indian students who seek admission to Russian Medical Universities. But Russia has more benefits as compared to other countries with very fewer cons.
Pros of Studying in Russian Medical Universities
- There is no requirement to pay a donation or capitation fee.
- The fee structure in Russian Medical Universities is reasonable.
- There is no need of entrance test for pursuing MBBS in Russian Medical Universities
- The degrees in Russian Medical Universities are globally approved.
- All faculty members are internationally acclaimed.
- The Indian students will also get to experience the knowledge and the understanding of different cultures and traditions followed by the Russians.
- The medical degrees awarded to students are recognized by WHO, UNESCO, and the MCI. It provides a great benefit to them to work practically anywhere in the world.
- Each MCI approved Russian Medical Universities provide hostels to the Indian students for accommodation with Indian food.
Cons of Studying in Russian Medical Universities
- The local language in Russia is Russian so the students might feel the language as a barrier outside the university campus. But the coaching in Russian Medical Universities is conducted in English.
- The entire Visa process for Russia takes more than two months after document submission to the concerned embassy.
- The climate conditions in Russia often become problematic for some students to adjust well.
TOP RUSSIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES FOR INDIAN STUDENTS FAQ
What is the total duration of the MBBS program of study in Russia?
How to get admission in Russian Medical Universities?
How much does MBBS cost in Russian Medical Universities?
Is NEET required for MBBS in Russian Medical Universities?